or Connect

Posts by organicmom3

llRC??
when people refer to the original form of dawn to they mean the blue, or do they also mean avoid ultra?  I can't find non ultra dawn
Wow, such a variety of different thoughts....all so very interesting.  Sweet potatoe fries...hadn't thought of that....I haven't introduced anything other than the fruits and veggies that I mentioned (and oats and rice)....in other words, no oils or butter, etc.  I make my sweet potato fries with coconut oil....I suppose that would be okay at 8 mos....I put it on his skin, so why not ingest it....anyone know of any reasons why not? I suppose olive oil would be okay...
Thanks!  I had not had any problems with the diapers so far so I had not thought of striping them!  Good idea!  And thanks to you too dejagerw,  I was hoping it would be a temporary thing....now that he's crawling he should lose some of that....that's what my first son did too....
Have you considered seeing a naturopath?   It seems like homeopathy and just a little supplementations might be the way to go so you can avoid having to worry about all the other things.....ointments, baths, etc.  Just a thought.  It's really helping with our own son's skin sensitivities.
This is interesting.  I have actually been very weary of gelatin......being that on most msg information sites they state that gelatin is processed in such a way that it produces free glutamic acid which is what makes msg so bad......so I have avoided it altogether....but do wonder sometimes if there are forms of it that would be allright, or at least not as bad as others.....
I'm not quite sure why you would think fruit is not nutritious?  While it contains sugar and I don't want him to have to much of it, I'm not sure why anyone would avoid it??  I do feel this is just a taste and experient time....not really for nutrition at all, though I was surprised to find out that most naturopaths think that nutrition from food (for iron and vitamin c) actually is necessary at 6 mos.....I don't really agree with this so I'm still trying to keep his...
HELP! I'm not sure what to do.   My ds is 8 months old today and over the last couple of days I've noticed a bit of redness on his thighs.  It seems to be in the area of where the elastic area touches his legs....it's on the inside of his thighs only and it is redder some days and less so others.  Up to this point he has NO diaper rash or irritation in the diaper area whatsoever. He does have chubbier legs than most (He's about 23 lbs at 8 mos!) so I'm wondering if...
I'm just wondering what people who eat a traditional food lifestyle have included in their list of starter baby foods?   My baby is 8 months old.  So far he has tried the following (in very small quantities and is just now starting to eat 2 times a day...up to about 2 tbsp worth of food.)   avocado,  bananna, rice cereal (didn't like it at all), gluten free oats, carrots, sweet potato, butternut squash, peaches, pears, applesauce (raw) and just started green...
My just turned 7 month old isn't doing all those things and neither did my other two who were always ahead of the books by at least a month or two. He is sitting well and is skootching quite a bit, reaches for people and mimics sounds but not words. Everyone seems to think he's ahead of his game and is impressed with all this so I think it's a bit dreamy to think a 6 mos old can do ALL the things in that list.