or Connect

Posts by organicmom3

Oh, my....trying to decipher all this abbreviations is mind boggling.... I figured out TTC relatively easily though.  How does one know if one is really ovulating or just having periods??   I started periods probably about when he was about 8 months old?? not really sure.  But he is only nursing at night....once at bedtime, usually once during the night and usually, but not always first thing in the morning.  Maybe I should try to stop???  I hate to do that, but I...
Yeah, that pretty much sums up my thoughts lately.   I am 42....43 in December.  We had our suprise baby 17 months ago.  He was a wonderful surprise....totally unplanned and now we'd like to have another....well, we've BEEN wanting another.  But things aren't going our way.  We had a miscarriage about 5 months ago....since then my  periods have been mostly regular, except one, but only about 21-22 days and I'm sitting here feeling crampy again....  :(   I'm...
God provides!  We found a nanny....6 hours a day, 4 days a week  :)  
Miranda, I understand all about alternate ways of learning and I know you mean well...but I'm looking for things to make the day smooth with my toddler to allow some one on one instruction time with my older child...only about an hour to an hour and a half a day.  She is actually very independent with most things, but needs help with writing, a new spelling program we are trying to help with that weakness and assistance in studying vocabulary.  She is very independent...
Oh, Momma Crystal,  I found her through our homeschool group. She just graduated a year ago. She was supposed to start as soon as we got back from vacation and work 4-5 days a week....basically live here but would only be working from about 8 till 5.  She was a nanny for a year in Florida for a year and came back home....but now she backed out....ugh....it was going to be a true miracle to have someone that could help the older kids as well as tend to the baby for a good...
I can't see how anyone can do that much coursework in 2 hours...I know 8 seems like a lot...but a half hour of that is our family devotion time and another hour of that is lunch.  The rest is English (literature, vocabulary, spelling and writing....she takes a lot of time to read as she reads well now but still slow), chemistry (she must keep up in order to attend the lab at a facility her friends are going to every other week), geometry (math is not her thing, she's...
Food is by far a more important issue than many many people realize.  So if you are setting limits on food and EDUCATING your children on what is healthy food and what is porcessed junk....what some people call food but really isn't....than you are empowering them to a long healthy life of making informed decisions.  No one who knows what they are talking about can say there is anything wrong with that!
The thing is, my 16 year old is a slow worker.  As it is, I see her doing schoolwork from probably about 8 in the morning till at least 4 in the afternoon....without much break time.  So while I could do that, I feel much more than a half hour would be totally unfair to her...she has so much to do...and after school she does help with food prep, etc. and other things too.  My 12 year old would love to help....and I'm sure he will, but while he's not a slow worker...
I am so overwhelmed and frustrated.  I have three children.  One is 16 and the other school aged child  is 12.  And we have our beloved 16 month old son. I was really counting on having a young lady live with us through at least the first 4-5 months of the school year and be a nanny to my youngest during the school day and do odd jobs and some driving for the older kids.  So with just one week before our BIG 3 week vacation (and we have to start school within 3 days of...
Okay, but what can one do if the school district says you need a signature from a priest or rabbi?  The law does not really state that you need one...obviously if you have a moral conviction SIMILAR to a religious belief, you wouldn't have a priest or rabbi to back that up...  has anyone ever dealt with a district that makes this demand?