or Connect

Posts by LeaPea

DD had a nap/quiet time meltdown. As soon as I say "quiet time," she freaks out! I guess she associates it with napping and being away from me. Today, I just had her sit on the couch and do quiet time. She fell asleep while I was watching a show. I guess a nap is a nap.
We have tried quiet time here, but DD just cries. Never works out. I don't mind if she doesn't nap, but around 5 pm it's all downhill. I figure eventually she will regulate her sleep, then we will try quiet time again.
My daughter has never been a sleeper, and I think she is trying to drop her only nap. We used to lay down together at nap time, and even though it took a while, she would eventually drift off. Now I have a six month old too, and it is impossible to lay down with both of them. So, I am usually carrying my son while my daughter lies in bed. We have tried a couple of things: I sing while she lies down, or I leave the room and check in other very five or so minutes. We fiddled...
I don't know what to do! My toddler hates wearing all clothes and shoes. We have tried letting her pick out clothes, putting clothes on once we reach our destination, and giving her choices as to which outfits she wants to wear. We end up with a toddler screaming, "No clothes!" I feel like a prisoner. I can't leave the house with a naked or half dressed kid! If I tell her we can't go somewhere if she doesn't wear clothes, she doesn't seem to mind, or she will just...
We use Hanes size 2t/3t. My daughter is 23 lbs and they fit fine. We get ours at Target: http://www.target.com/p/hanes-toddler-girls-6-pack-brief-assorted-colors/-/A-14042154
I need some help or tips. I have a three week old son and a 26 month old daughter. Before my son was born, I would either lie with my daughter or rock her until she fell asleep. That usually took less than 20 minutes.   Naps are complete chaos now. So far it seems like my son is always waking up right when my daughter needs to go to sleep. I have tried to nurse him while lying with my daughter, but she has a hard time settling since I am so distracted. I tried...
Joaquin Thomas decided to finally join us after being 17 days "late." I finally scheduled an induction for the 26th, and the morning of the 25th I woke up with very strong contractions. Labor was very hard because Joaquin was slightly transverse. I had another hospital birth, and it sucked! My doctor wasn't on call, so I had a different doctor who was very uncomfortable with me being overdue. There was a lot of arguing. It made it difficult to have a natural birth, but I...
Baby boy was born at 42 weeks 3 days. I finally set up an appointment to be induced, and Joaquin decided he would come on his own! I was so relieved :) He is perfectly healthy, and weighed 10 lbs 12 oz .  
@octomolars, try not to stress. With my daughter, I had no signs of labor. No contractions, dilation, engagement, etc. I was sitting on my couch four days overdue when my water broke. I had my daughter eight hours later. I try to remind myself of this everyday. Some women have days/weeks of prodromal labor and some have absolutely nothing.
Just got back from my 42 week appointment! I had a NST and baby boy looked great! I am going to be induced on Thursday (my choice), but would still prefer to go naturally into labor. I am now 5 cm dilated, so hopefully baby boy just falls out when it finally is time .   I got so excited last night because I started having contractions for almost two hours. I thought it was finally time. Then, it all just stopped out of nowhere. Talk about a mind f&^%!!   How is...