or Connect

Posts by RBinTEX

I tried to do Flylady once. They drove me crazy with hourly e-mails saying, "It's 11 o'clock. Do you know where your laundry is?" I finally had to kick Flylady's butt off my computer before I put my foot through the screen.
Thanks for putting that up! I'm 41. When I was 25 and had my first child, I thought I had invented motherhood. I can only imagine how sick the people around me must have been listening to my endless preaching on the virtues of breastfeeding, cosleeping, etc. They started to slink off when they saw me coming! Well, after 15 years of parenting, I am quite sure I do not have all the answers. I've even come to realize there are plenty of things I don't even have an...
INTJ I can see why there are so many on this board. We are alone at our computers, contemplating and evaluating ideas. That's fun for us!
To me, it sounds like fun. But, I've often got a group of teenagers at my house playing poker! (My 11 yo dd has played with them too!) : Games of chance, in moderation, are fun. My kids usually "buy" a stack of chips for $5, and play all night on that. I'd be fine with Vegas Day. I think public school parents DO have a say about the curriculum, though. Our tax dollars pay for our schools. I see public school teachers and administrators as my employees. I...
Dang! Am I reading your sig right? I don't dare give you advice! I would have gone crazy long ago.
Our 2.5 yo dd bathes with us, and her brothers and sister. Wait -- let me clear that up! We all don't bathe together! DD bathes with EITHER dh and me OR she bathes with one of her brothers or her sister. DD 11, DS 13, and DS 15 bathe alone or with the baby. We're actually on rotation here. Every night we ask, "Who's turn is it to bathe with Lizzy?" Of course, sometimes she ends up taking 2 or 3 baths a night. When somebody starts to feel uncomfortable, we...
Funny? Yes Appropriate? No
I think Precious Moments are tacky too, but I have about 30 of them. It all started when dh bought one for our first anniversary. I thought I'd just hide it behind something on a shelf somewhere, but they kept coming. Second anniversary, third anniversary, birth of each child, etc., etc. Now I have an entire curio dedicated to them.
My MIL's children are spaced like this: 13 months between 1 and 2, 11 months between 2 and 3, 20 months between 3 and 4. That's close! (But the siblings aren't particularly close to each other.)