or Connect

Posts by RBinTEX

Congrats on your pregnancy! DS#1 was 11 months when I became pg with DS#2. My milk did dry up about half-way through the pregnancy, but DS#1 still wanted to use me as a human pacifier. (Truthfully, it did become pretty painful at times.) DS#2 did not suffer any lack of nutrition (he was 9 lbs!) and DS#1 was more than pleasantly surprised when my milk came back in! I tandem nursed for about a year. When #2 was over a year old, I became pg with #3. When my milk...
Hi! I'm due next month with #4, a girl named Elizabeth. My other three all have middle names of relatives. Well, we've run out relatives' names that we like, but we want to give her a meaningful middle name. She is a surprise baby, with my other three being a good deal older. We are trying to think of a middle name meaning "pleasant surprise" or "encore" or "wonderful change of plans" or something along that line. Any ideas?
I don't post a lot, but this is a pretty interesting topic. I have a great marriage, and it sounds a lot like Amandasmom's. I really like the quote. We've been married 16 years, and I can't remember our last fight. (Other than the "You ate all the ice cream!" kind of stuff) I am more in love with that man now than I ever have been. I think we've figured out how things will be run, and we stick to it. 1. We are never, ever ugly to each other. I can tell him he's...
When my DD was about that age, not only did she not want to pee, but had this fear of public restrooms, especially of closed doors. Not the stall door -- the big heavy exterior restroom door. I guess to her it was so heavy we wouldn't be able to open it to escape! I always had to drag a trashcan to the door to prop it open to convince her to even go in. People thought I was nuts. Then she couldn't go, even after she just said she had to! She outgrew it, and now...
The "sibling bed" worked great for us. Ds#2 was born when ds#1 was 20 months old. So, for a couple of years, it was 4 in a bed. When dd came along when the boys were 2 and 4, the boys moved off to their own full-sized bed. It went very smoothly. When dd was ready, she'd take turns sleeping with ds#1 and ds#2, who by then had graduated to their own beds in the same bedroom. Now they are 12, 10, and 8, and on the weekends they still love to pop open the futon in the...
My 12 yo ds is away at Boy Scout camp right now. We're in Texas, and he's 8 hours away in Oklahoma! Last year he went to Arkansas for a week. He left Sunday morining at 6:30 and won't be back until late Saturday night. I don't get to talk to him by phone (mail only--I've sent a letter every day, received 0!) but one of the leaders took pictures and posted them on the scout website. He's waving a corndog in the air, so I guess he's eaten at least one meal. He got...
Thirty-nine! I thought I was the oldest pregnant woman alive at 38! Congratulations. My oldest was also born in 92. This will be my fourth, due in Oct. Raye
The hassle of getting a toddler to go to sleep last such a short period of time. Before our children were school aged, they did not have a "bedtime." There was a certain time of night, however, that I stopped being a source of entertainment. No more books, stories, etc. They could go play quitely, or get a blanket and lay next to me on the couch while I read, watched TV, talked on the phone, etc. In other words, I was off duty. After a while, they would go get in bed...
Goddesses, What a pleasant surprise to discover this thread! All week long I have been reading Joseph Campbell and digging his take on archetypes in mythology. You ladies seem to know quite a bit. Can you suggest a reading list for me? Raye