or Connect

Posts by pagoda24

Ok- we've been PT cloth diapering since my son was born 2.5 years ago. Built up a good stash of FuzziBunz and prefolds, washed 'em regularly with cloth-safe detergent, line-dried them and was pretty happy the first 18 months- they weren't stinky, absorbed well and had minimal stains. When I went back to work, we were happy to discover our daycare would use our cloth diapers so we sent the FBs since they were easier. We moved into an apartment building and can no longer...
oh my goodness!!! that is an amazing birth story- thank you so much for sharing. fast and furious is right :)    well, my babe was born not long after i posted :) i read all of your lovely posts, felt 100% reassured and empowered- finally having a name for what the heck was going on.  Spent Tuesday trying to relax and wrap my mind around possibly being pregnant for 2 more weeks. Tuesday night I was putting my 2.5 year old son to bed and feeling crampy and...
Oh my goodness- thank you all so much! And thanks for giving me a name for this- I've heard of prodromal labor but never quite connected it to what I was experiencing. I was up part of the night with contractions, again, and in between was doing some googling and found lots of information and stories, which has been helpful. For those of you that have experienced this- have you gotten dilation checks at your weekly visits? I know it made me feel a lot better at my last...
I'm hoping some of the more experienced mommas can give me some encouragement here- I'm 39 weeks 1 day with my second baby. First baby was born after an induction at 41 weeks 3 days. I had planned on going to 42 weeks before inducing but hadn't emotionally prepared for going past my due date, and had a lot of anxious family members pressuring me to induce, and ended up losing my patience with the process- I had NO signs of labor being imminent, despite having my midwife...
I'm expecting baby #2 in a few months and realized we need to find a new pediatrician in our area. We moved from north jersey but have continued to see our pediatrician up there for our toddler son. With a planned homebirth in the works, I'd love to find a pediatrician locally who will be able to see us after the birth and handle newborn screening and the like. my midwives and doula are north jersey based and don't know pediatricians down here, and I really don't want to...
Marci Mathew! She's in Jersey City and a fantastic doula, as is Rachel Ruel- douleerachel@gmail.com and marcimathew@hotmail.com    
Hi everyone!   1. Due 7/23 approximately 2. 1 son, 23 months old 3. Homebirthing this time around, after a hospital birth with my son. 4. I'm completely surprised by how different things seem to be this time around. Last time I had zero nausea, just some light-headedness, no appetite most days, and wicked heartburn. Oh, and I slept a lot. This time-- I'm nauseous all night long, but my appetite is only slightly decreased, and headaches are driving me nuts. Not...
I'm hoping (fingers crossed) I'm pregnant with baby #2 and want to do a homebirth this time around. I am looking for a CNM who will do a homebirth in Union County. It seems most of the people I've found who are CNMs are an hour or more away, which makes me kind of nervous about the possibility of a fast labor, and also just the details of making it to my appointments without a huge commute. Does anyone have someone they can recommend? I've spoken with Judy Hagan and I'm...
I have a few great recommendations for you! Check out Donna Tabas- she's in a group backed up by (and sharing offices with) Dr. Brescia and Miglaccio in Hoboken...she used to be with Lonnie Morris and I saw her for some of my prenatal care. I loved Donna and she delivers at Palisades, which, if you are in the Hudson County area one of the few nearby hospitals that I won't run screaming from (I'm a doula so I've seen and heard plenty of horror stories from HUMC, JCMC and...
I'm so sorry to hear you are dealing with this. I can only echo the other posters- it sounds as though terminating may be the most compassionate parenting decision you can possibly make- for this pregnancy, and for your other children. If you do decide to terminate, it sounds as if you have resources to help you deal with your emotions afterwards. There are several pro-choice hotlines (Backline and Exhale) that offer support to women who have terminated. I hope that you...