or Connect

Posts by PrettyHippie

Hmm...a bit different but there is Zora, Zahra, Zabrina, Zehira, Xalina, Xena, Violet, and Vala for girls.  For boys there's Zacharia, Xavier, Xander, Viggo, and Valen.  They seem to be love em' or hate em' type names.  Choosing a name is something we ALWAYS struggle with!!  Good luck!
I have a suggestion...D-Mannose!  It's a form of sugar that E. Coli loves to bind to instead of your bladder.  Here is a good website that explains it way better than I can - http://tahomaclinicblog.com/d-mannose-for-bladder-and-kidney-infections/.  I SWEAR by this.  With DD I ended up with a UTI towards the end of the pregnancy and I was so uncomfortable, but I did not want to take antibiotics unless I had no other choice in the verse.  My midwife told me to go to the...
I knew he couldn't be the only one!  Thanks for the input!   He also "rearranges" which messes up his diaper and leads to soaked pajamas and bedsheets.  Not too fun when you're cosleeping, let me tell ya.  I actually did forget to put in my first post that I had wondered if it was yeast related at first but I've seen no signs or anything to make me think that was what started this.  I'm still keeping my eyes on this!  Oh and I'm going to kick myself when I get the...
I don't know what else to do!  Bless his heart, he just can't keep his hand out of the front of his diaper!  This has developed in the last 4 weeks or so.  It is very obvious it's a "comfort" thing as he's only doing it when he's sitting peacefully, sleeping, or very entranced by something, but come one now, this can't become a solid habit.  He'll be sitting there and pops his thumb in his mouth and his other hand in his diaper.  We've tried onesies and he just gets...
MIrandaM, trust me you're not alone!  I've been dealing with the reflux issue about everyday now for a couple weeks.  I'm actually sitting here with it right now, all from a cheese stick, a few pieces of watermelon, and a couple cookies.  My heartburn/reflux was HORRIBLE with DD, not too bad with DS.  We're suppose to be having spaghetti for dinner tonight and I just know the pasta sauce is going to set it off.  My hip pain and sciatica has been the worse thing I've been...
I am so playing catch-up here.  We FINALLY got satellite internet which makes doing ANYTHING online so much easier than the horrible dial-up that we had here in the country.  I love that I can talk about names here because I don't really like to talk about our names too much IRL.  We tend to go for named that are a bit less common, or they use to be anyway!  It's a lot of fun to read what everyone else is thinking about for their little ones!  We just had our 21 week...
I think this would be great!  I've never been to Firefly, but I've heard great things about it.
I've really been away from this too long!  It's so nice to see some other local mamas here.  I also think it would be really cool to try to do some type of meet up or at least "get in touch."  We live on a farm 30 minutes south of Columbus so needless to say I'm not up there too much which makes it hard to meet new like-minded moms.  We take part in the Grandview Farmers' Market during the summers and this will be our 4th year. That's probably the most I make it up...
  I have actually had a bit of an appetite the last couple days!  I think these organic lollipops I got at the store have helped.  I start to get queezy, pop on of those, then I seem to be okay!  We'll see if it lasts.  I did know that our old DDC has a FB page, but I don't have FB!!  I know.....I'm one of those in the minority these days it seems.  It's so nice that you guys have a way to keep in touch!      
Hugs and prayers your way.  Know you're not alone.