or Connect

Posts by PrettyHippie

So I have a swollen gland in my neck. I discovered it last night while I was sitting in bed. It's really not too big at all, just tender and only slightly swollen. Now, normally I wouldn't even bat an eye at it unless I was feeling sick or run down. I feel totally fine!! All I've got is some minor gum inflammation from a flossing mishap the other night. DD is fighting a small cold too. Now here is my worry. I lost a baby at Christmas at 20 weeks when she just...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawmama1984 Rachel, I love both Viggo and Elijah...reminds me of 2 of my favorite actors in one of my favorite movies of all times (Lord of the Rings trilogy). Yes, I'm a nerd. Also, DS' middle name is Elijah Thanks!!! You know what's strange...I NEVER thought of the fact that BOTH of those names were actors in those films and trust me, DH and I are nerds right there with you when it comes to LOTR. Too funny! We...
So many beautiful names!! We named DD Willow Rhiannon and we never get anything but gasps of "oh my goodness what a pretty name" from people. So yeah it's a big hit and we love it so much because neither are names you hear much. If this baby is a girl we have the names Sage and Noelle, we just have to decide on the order! We thought Noelle was nice considering we're looking at a December/Christmas baby. Our last name starts with an N too so it should blend well. For...
So my best friend is being induced today. She and I are very different when it comes to having babies. DD1 was born at home and this little one in December will be too. It's her baby, her body, and her choice though! That's totally fine and she's cool with the fact that we homebirth. I'm just so NERVOUS for her!! I can't help it. When she called me yesterday I really did wish her the best of luck and said we'd be thinking of them today. I'm so excited that they're...
Everyone and their good healthy foods...I feel bad! I do have to say that normally I tend to want the really healthy stuff. Lots of veggies, lean meats, and grains........but right now I want macaroni and cheese!! And whoever mentioned the Greek salad...yummy. I've noticed I've been craving Greek food a lot this pregnancy actually. Add another watermelon freak to the list too. I'm always a huge watermelon eater but this is just crazy! I think I am going to go make...
I'm hoping someone may have some insight. We're toying with the idea of moving to Wisconsin from here in Ohio. I know quite well what the laws are here in Ohio and have gotten comfy with them. I just need to know what we may be dealing with if we would move. I have a 2yo DD who is totally unvaxed and another on the way we will not be vaxing. We're leaning on homeschooling so vaxes for school shouldn't be an issue. And even then, I may be able to opt out of them up...
Yeah, sounds like hemorrhoids. If it were an anal fissure you would probably have more pain. I've had to deal with both unfortunately. I got really backed up after a minor surgery as a result of the anesthesia slowing down my GI system. It was like razors slicing me apart down there. I would get flare ups for some reason for the first day or two of my period and then after DD was born even though I was pushing correctly. Lucky me... I second the warm sitz baths and...
OH man, this happened to me with DD1. I was at what we later found out to be 9 weeks when I stood up off the couch one Sunday afternoon and had a huge goosh run down my legs. I looked down my sweats and there was bright red blood everywhere. DH and I rushed to the ER terrified we were loosing another baby as we had lost our very first a few months earlier. I never had any real cramping though. I actually soaked through whatever they put under me in the hospital bed...
At least I know I'm not the only one! Here is the other issue...we cosleep. I LOVE this but man does it make it hard to just do what you want when you want. It is my single and only complaint. Our house is TINY so it's not like there are many comfy places around here. I got so sick of couch sex when we were trying to get preggo with this little one! If I have to do it on a couch again it will be too soon!!
With my other babies that we were able to know I just KNEW what thy were. I knew they were girls. With this little...I keep going back and forth. I just can not get a read!!! We really don't care either way, we'll just be happy with a baby here earthside. Deep down though...I know DH would love to have a little boy this time.