or Connect

Posts by Boobs

Look up dermatitis herpetiformis. It's the rash associated with Celiac Disease. A rash like you are describing is the symptom that tells me I got into gluten and not something else I don't tolerate. I think it is most typically found on the legs, arms, and face. Mine shows up in different areas each time, but I had it for 2 years on my breasts before going off gluten.
I've had miserable seasonal allergies my whole life. I don't know that there is anything that makes it completely better. Local honey helps and also rinsing with a neti pot daily. Keep windows closed (bummer, I love airing out the house) and wash hair before going to bed at night to remove the allergens. So far, mine haven't been quite as bad this Spring and it's my first one without gluten and dairy. Don't know if it helps or not, but something is making a difference.
subbing
If you can find Larabars, they would be great to throw in there. They are awesome.
I do at least once a day. It's torture for me because it tastes so terrible, but totally worth it. I feel so much better when I take it regularly.
I use it all the way that have been mentioned already, plus I really like it on baked potatoes. Also, it works better than anything else on my dermatitis herpetiformis, which is the Celiac rash. It works better than rx creams.
Thanks, Penny! We don't have either of those places here. I can make them at home. I crave McD's fries, though.
Very interesting! Thank you!
Removing gluten from my diet healed my arthritis. It flares back up if I mess up, but that's the only time it flares up anymore.
I'm hoping someone can help me understand what's going on here. I have CD and I am currently sick because I'm an idiot. Complacency is not an option with Celiac! Someday I'll learn..(McD's fries are NOT gluten-free!) Anyway, this isn't the first time I've had a flare-up interrupt my monthly cycle. Is it just the inflammation? The hormonal disruption? I'm currently over a week late. Had PMS right on schedule. Now, nothing. I have taken 2 preg. tests, just in case. ...