or Connect

Posts by RaeEllen

I'd love some perspectives on this.   I don't have much of a relationship with my stepson's mom. But, from what I can tell, she's a good mom with her own strengths and weaknesses. One of her weaknesses, similar to my husband, is promptness!   My stepson started middle school this year, and they are really strict on the arrival time. Because of my husband's weakness in this area, I set up a system at family meeting. Stepson brainstormed on everything he needs to...
I don't know if the exam administration in Italy is very different than in the US, but I just took the IBLCE boards here, and their breastfeeding policy is amazingly accomadting. First, the actual exam sessions are 2.5 hrs in the morning and afternoon. Most people finish each session in less than 2 hrs. So most people would not need special accommodation, other than someone to watch the baby during the exam. If you have a baby under six months of age, you can apply...
I found that same number as well (and it wasn't easy, as I remember to actually find the data) As I remember, it was referenced in ACOG's GBS guidelines.
Anyone else taking them tomorrow? Good luck if you are out there!
So funny to hear this from someone else. My almost 2 year old went to about 4 birthday parties one month. Ever since then, she calls cake "happeah" She's also had trouble falling asleep since we got back from vacation. SHe normally calls me "mama" But, last night after being put down, all of a sudden I hear her start screaming "mommieah! mommieah! mommieah!" One other funny one (in the vein of random pronunciations) is her trying to get her older brother's name: Matthew....
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeannine You just can't do this about every little thing. You can't make your husband parent him the way you like, in every last respect, like sitting up straight. But no one can legitimately fault you for insisting on the things that directly affect yourself. Oh, and I'm not asking him to sit up straight in restaurants. I want him to sit up. As in not spend time lying down across chairs or climbing on his dad.
I appreciate all the feedback. First, I do want to reiterate that I don't think my Dss is a bad kid. This has nothing to do with loving or not loving him. I love the ideas from the previous poster. They are just very hard to impliment in our household. My husband was divorced when my Dss was 2. He had over 7 years of being a single dad, and plenty of time to establish his comfort limit with messes and chores. He got in the routine of time with his son being filled...
Posts like these are nice to read. But they do make me worry about DH's and my relationship. The hard line/ultimatum doesn't work with him. I actually tried to have a conversation with him about how to deal when DSS does the toilet talk thing. (I return from bathroom to "So, how'd everything come out?" or "Was that number one or two?") I really don't want to deal with it. Perhaps, it's gotton to the point where it is just fun for him to get my goat. But DH just says I...
Christmas/Hanukah - Winter break is divided in such a way that mom alternates between a long (60%) and very long (75%) portion. (She and DSS visit her family in another country each year) It works out that this includes Christmas with her each year. We get the first two nights of Hanukah, but winter break schedule trumps Hanukah and we lose it a lot. Thanksgiving - Alternates from Wednesday evening through the weekend. Memorial/Labor Day - Monday holiday alternates....
I'm not sure if this is a vent or a plea for advice or what, but sometimes this whole stepmom thing seems hopeless. What if I'm just not cut out to care for a 11 year old boy. To be clear, my DSS is a good kid. He is bright. He is empathetic. He is athletic. He has more self esteem and self confidence than I did as a child and perhaps do now! But, there are so many parenting choices and standards that Dh has made that are just different that what I would have chosen or...