or Connect

Posts by HappyTomato

Posting a quick update while I have a minute --   We met with the new lawyer on Tues and retained her. She's awesome and aggressive. I have no doubt she is the right choice. She directed me to a counselor that she was familiar with and my son met with her yesterday. I'm not certain at this point if we can get an emergency protection order but there is certainly enough that has happened to warrant supervised visits once we do get in front of the judge. The counselor...
Had a similar thing happen to me. I was taking my ex back to court for not paying child support. One day I get a call from DHR and they want to come to the house to talk to me. I immediately suspected it was my ex who called and then later on, he admitted it to me after the visit. It caused alot of anxiety but everything was fine. I explained to the DHR lady what was going on with my ex and taking him back to court. She rolled her eyes and said that the case would be...
Thanks MissLotus! Appt with new attorney is next Tuesday. It can't get here soon enough. I'll update when I know more.
Thanks! I called last night and got the therapist ball rolling. I should be getting a call back today to setup an appointment. I should also be getting a call from a new attorney today who I hope will take my case. We have a little bit of time to get this all worked out. We've got the financial resources to get a great attorney. I *thought* I had a great attorney previously but my parents and I both agree its time find a new one. Prayers and positive thoughts needed. I'm...
Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it so much!!! I do have an attorney who I like but I don't feel is very aggressive. I've called both my current attorney and a new one that seems to get good results with cases like mine. I'm waiting to hear back from both of them. I'm anxious to get the ball rolling on this.
I left my xh in 2007 due to emotional, verbal and sometimes physical abuse. My DS was 3.5 at the time. DS is now 8. XH has been in and out of our lives since then. After a year long period of being out of our lives, I filed for full custody and attempted to get supervised visitation due to the chaos in xh's life (he was homeless at times, his wife was kicking him out every other week and lots of fighting). That prompted xh to start exercising his visitation again much to...
I just wanted to pass along a tip to those of you that struggle like me to find a keep a good local source of raw milk, butter, cheese, etc. I put a wanted ad in the farm section of Craigslist a few days ago. Since then I've found about several small farms really close to me that I never knew about. I used to drive 5 hours round trip to bring home a month's supply of raw milk. Now I only have to drive 30 mins a week at most. I've found cheese and eggs too. I wish I would...
My DD wouldn't talk at daycare for a long time. We didn't know until the teacher approached us one day and was concerned that she had a speech delay. We were shocked because at home we couldn't get her to be quiet for a min! She talked our ears off back then at age 2 and still does today at age 3. She did come out of her shell at daycare eventually. I think a pre-school/daycare environment can be overwhelming at first. There's sometimes alot of noise in a room with...
400 mg of CoQ10 daily and the WAPF recommended high vit cod liver oil dose has helped me return my BP to normal after 2 episodes of PIH with my last two pregnancies. After my most recent pregnancy, my BP was still high at 6 months pp. I had stopped taking my supplements because I got lazy about it and I didn't realize just how well they were working for me. Doc in the box started me on BP meds after I went in for a headache and found that my BP was 190/110. Yikes!...
I've had luck finding sitters willing to care for my special needs dss through sittercity.com and care.com. Some have been nurses but not all of them. We were willing to train the right person in order to avoid the pricey caregiver services. Sometimes it has taken us 2-3 tries to find the right person. We have employed part-time caregivers for the past 3 years. It hasn't always been ideal but we are making it work.