or Connect

Posts by EmmysMama

I used to write my own Mad Libs for others to fill in.  Is that something she'd like?
  I'm kind of confused about you all mentioning volunteers; everyone who works at this Y is paid.  Not much, but paid.  Since we're very rural there are no other Y locations (so I guess I didn't know most are staffed with volunteers!) or gyms.  The nearest gym is an hour away and it has no childcare at all.  DD1's gymnastics class is one day per week in the afternoon, and I thought I could at least walk on a treadmill or something then, but the childcare room isn't...
I see lots of recommendations here that joining the Y to use their childcare while you get some exercise is a good idea.  Our Y just reopened and the new building is great, DH went and checked out the weight room and everything, and I signed DD1 up for a half-hour once per week gymnastics class.  So we joined.  Last week my SIL (who works there part-time actually) asked if I would go work out with her, and we could leave the kids in childcare.  I said sure.   She...
I have wayyyyyyy more baby names than I could ever use.  DH still swears he wants six.  I'm ready even if he truly does, because I have at least 20 baby names!  We're name nerds.  There are lots of people who think about names obsessively even when they're not pregnant or TTC!  Whole communities wait with bated breath for the SSA baby name list to come out on Mother's Day.  People remember name "sightings" throughout the day and share them with other name nerds if...
I'm sorry!  I lived in one place that I hated, and it was so depressing.  I think my advice for staying would be to cover the walls and carpet somehow.  This could be difficult in a rental, but I think it could be possible with wall hangings (depending on your rules) and area rugs.  But that would be pretty expensive, and if DP's reasons for not moving are partly financial, making you happy in the house could end up costing more than just moving.  That also wouldn't...
I decided to leave this in the main Breastfeeding area since DD2 (the one I would like to continue to nurse) is 10m, and so still needs milk.  Based on my observation of how things are going, this is going to affect her as well, and I do also need advice on how to make sure she's getting enough milk during this process.  I am very sure that it's time to wean DD1 (30m).  She is not ready.  I know that sounds horrible and I fully expect flaming, but I can't emotionally...
I don't know the post you're thinking of, but these are the two places I've been linked to while talking about free land.  It sounds like the link you saw was much more comprehensive, but I hth a little.  Sorry about the big spaces.  I can't get it to post right.         http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/10/19/click-here-for-free-land-five-places-where-land-is-free/       http://www.kansasfreeland.com/  
Besides the uses already listed (I mostly do eggs, hash browns, and veggies) I also use it to pop popcorn.
I like Declan because it would make a nice, subtly Irish-themed match for Rowan, and the ending -n ties them together. On the other hand, Silas matches well because they have the same number of letters and syllables, and it matches the soft but masculine sound of Rowan (while Declan is a little "harder" sounding than Rowan because of the D and C). Silas and Rowan would also be a good match for brothers because both are pretty distinctive. Miles is fine but I wouldn't...
My ILs are Mawmaw and Pawpaw, so my parents are just Grandma and Grandpa. When I was little I called all my grandparents Grandma/Grandpa Firstname (three sets of them!). DD1 calls them the same thing. I think the cutest grandparent names I ever heard were Grandlady and Grandman.