or Connect

Posts by Mrs Dimples

Welcome mama! Never too late. I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter, and I hope that everything goes smoothly this time.
I've felt things that definitely feel like a baby moving, but I'm sure that's not it yet. I "felt" my babies moving after they were born still - you know that gas feeling and you lose your breath because it feels *exactly* like a baby squirming in there? I find it really hard to believe movement could be felt this early, much less kicking! I mean, they barely have legs! I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but this is my third baby and I'm not expecting to feel...
Still thinking about you. You've been incredibly strong through this ordeal, and I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you get some answers one way or another this week.
Oh, glad you found them! I wore glasses as an infant and toddler (and the rest of my life, too, actually) but my parents have horror stories of me breaking them, etc. I can't imagine having to keep glasses on a 2 year old. Disaster averted!
I'm a very inexperienced skiier, but I've been cycling for example this pregnancy still. If I were you, I'd take it easy but I would feel comfortable going. Like a PP said, the babies are so tiny and well protected yet, I think you'd be fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by Turquesa I hope that this is an appropriate place to post this, but I had to share some more of their antics: http://www.acog.org/acog_sections/di...&bulletin=2095 Here's my favorite part: "Most OB/GYNs have anecdotal experiences dealing with failed home birth disasters." Yep! Anecdotal evidence is the best you can do, huh? Yeah, big frickin' deal. Most homebirth mamas have anecdotal experiences (often...
Oh, have a good cry! I have nowhere near the stress you have surrounding your pregnancy and I've been bawling all day, yelling at my kids over absolutely nothing, just a basketcase. It's normal. I just hope everything is ok with your little bean.
This is #3 and I had to use all my feminine wiles to talk my husband into this one! He's totally on board but I'm having a hard time imagining him wanting a fourth. Frankly I don't think I want a fourth either. I'm pretty sure we're done, and although I'm sad in some ways, I am also really looking forward to moving out of the "baby" stage and into the "family" stage.
I totally understand - it's so early on, I haven't even seen my midwife yet, but this has definitely crossed my mind. What if I don't feel right about a homebirth this time? How will I address those fears? I do believe intuition is very powerful, and if you have a persistent "something's not right" feeling then you really need to address it. We're here for you. I think every woman should have *all* her options on the table, *every* time. Medical care and midwifery...
I got a positive this time with a dollar store test at 8 DPO, in the evening (so not even first morning urine or whatever you're supposed to use). I tested positive with my other two the first times I tested, at 10 and 9 DPO respectively. I just kept testing earlier and earlier every time since i seem to get positives very early.