or Connect

Posts by Mrs Dimples

DS had his cord cut immediately, he was very yellow for about a month, but we never had his levels checked and he was fine. DD had her cord cut when it stopped pulsing - less than 30 minutes - and was not jaundiced at all. ETA: read all the responses. I did not know that about the repeated pulsations. My daughter had a short cord, and although we could have kept her attached to the placenta, we did not. Thanks for the link, that was interesting!
I have used very nearly exclusively prefolds for 2.5 years, on 2 different children. Not burned out yet! 36 dipes ought to be plenty. We snappi, I hate trifolding and just never felt the pin love. Here's why I love prefolds: 1. They don't wear out. Well, they do eventually, but not like fitteds or pockets or AIOs. They get better with age, not worse. No pilly fleece, no failed elastic, no linty velcro, no pulled snaps...see? 2. They always fit. Except for...
Try shaving them with a sweater shaver. That helped mine a lot, although I noticed more of a difference with my CPFs than my IPFs.
I did not use a paci at all for my first son, who was also bottlefed EBM exclusively. He never needed one, so he never had one. My new little daughter had a paci introduced at about 4-6 weeks, I think. I had tremendous oversupply (which is now controlled, it just took awhile) and she has reflux tendencies as well (she is not medicated, she is gaining fine etc, but she vomits several times after every feeding - pretty much constantly on and off if she's awake). ...
"Lay" midwives cannot legally attend HBACs currently. They're working on it. I don't know about CNMs or NDs since I did not really look into them much, but it sounds like you have that in hand anyway. Which ND are you talking to, out of curiosity? Dr. Swann? Some midwives are willing to do things that are not technically legal, depending on the circumstances. My midwife was Wendi Cleckner for my homebirth in March and I cannot recommend her highly enough. Please...
For myself, it was really important that I not have anyone there who didn't have to be there. I would have been ok to have my son there if I had thought he could have handled it. He was 2.5 when my daughter was born, and he was (is) very sensitive and protective. I have family very nearby who could have come and got him, but I was afraid that if he got scared and then was whisked away, it would be even worse. My labor began at 3 am, he woke up around 6:30 , came in to...
What helped me the most was using my early labor to find out what worked for me, and STICKING TO IT. I could not make up coping techniques as I went along. I just kept repeating the same vocalization, increasing in intensity as my labor progressed. I could not change locations, or movement, or anything. I tried a few different positions when I first realized I was in labor until I found something that felt right and then I just put my head down and went full-on into...
I don't see why there would be if everything is going well. I only pushed for a few minutes so it wouldn't have mattered anyway, but I can't imagine why there would be a limit just because of the water.
Quote: Originally Posted by ralphie76 My interpretation of this was that Ennis was projecting his lifelong fears about being beaten/attacked for being homosexual- this was what prevented him from creating a life with Jack. I think Jack did die the way Lureen said, but Ennis was imagining his greatest fear. The way it was filmed/edited made it fairly clear that it was Ennis thinking of the beating scene, rather than a real flashback to what happened. Just...
Quote: Originally Posted by hsingmamato3 What is a widow's peak? I've never heard of that before? If you look at her pics, you can see her hairline in front comes down to a point in the middle of her forehead. Like if you drew a heart-shape on her face, kwim? She's blonde-ish so it's kind of hard to see unless the light-shining on it, I think you can see it in one of the pics though. Hugs to all the mamas working through BF troubles. I...