or Connect

Posts by Mrs Dimples

Hey, I must have been totally out of it but I just found this thread and I wanted to post some pics! These are from last week, so 9 weeks-ish: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...le10weeksA.jpg http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...le10WeeksB.jpg So good to see everyone's babies growing up so big! Eve is around 13 pounds I think now at 10.5 weeks. She's SO petite compared to my son but she's got some juicy little rolls all her own. And dimples, and a...
well, i'm nak and i don't have any pics readily available, but i'll tell you what we did. my babe was 7 lbs. 10 oz. i used preemies for about a week, although they would have fit longer. once my milk was in, she peed through a preemie trifolded inside an infant in one pee usually, so preemies were out due to absorbency. infants fit fine from the first day. the preemies were SO cute but we would have been fine without them. i'm not sorry i got them, they make good...
now THAT's a picture i can relate to! poor katie. SO glad i don't have cameras following me around documenting my new mama fashion faux pas. there's plenty to keep them busy, let me tell ya!
i know, eve has worn 4 sposies (because that's how many free ones i got in the mail). i figured they were going to be thrown away regardless, so i tried them overnight. yeah, and got poo up the back EVERY time. : at least with cloth, the cover stops it and it has only gotten on her clothes a couple of times in unavoidable circumstances - carseat, etc). glad you figured out what was causing the rash! that sucks, i hope stripping solves your problems.
sometimes it takes a long time to see it come to fruition. way to go!
that's an interesting article! i have some grup tendencies, surely... ...but i am only 25, so neener neener! :
OK, to answer everyone: The baby only latched on well one time without the shield. It was when I was over there, but I was not involved. SIL just tried her and she took it. But SIL says she has never been able to get her to latch again without the shield. nak so basically she was tryin to nurse bare breasted, if that didn't work then trying the shield, then bottlefeeding at any given feeding. i did give her the bottlefeeding procedure for a bf baby. i gave...
OK, I don't think anyone is reading this anymore but I want to update. I have to talk this over with someone, yk? Anyway, SIL had the weight check this morning. The good news is, babe gained 12 oz. in 5 days all on EBM. Tha bad news is, SIL is only getting 1/2 oz. when she pumps, total, down from 2-3 oz. She's pumping every 2 hours around the clock, but her supply is dwindling fast. Of course it's probably a combination of: a) possible hormonal problems...
My insurance covered everything but $360. That's prenatals, birth, postpartum, everything. I have Cigna. I'm on a PPO, so we just submittred and they paid the out-of-network rate (60/40). My midwife charged $1800 for everything. She submitted it under a surgery code and I don't know exactly what she did but I think there may have been a little creative maneuvering. Anyway, insurance didn't ask where the birth was and we didn't volunteer the information. It's...
I have used only prefolds on my boy from 5 montsh through til now, at 2.5. I find that it's really easy to find a way to make them work when they're you're only option. I don't find any fold faster necessarily than any other, except that whatever I normally use is fastest because I have the most practice with it. You have a girl, right? I like the twist fold for a girl and for a boy I like to fold the front down so I have lots of layers in the wet zone. Find...