or Connect

Posts by Gemini529

You can send an anonymous info card from the Whole Network.  It costs around $2 to send one and will not include your information.  I would personally go that route with this one because her first son is cut and she may feel judged and defensive.  If she gets an anonymous card, she may just assume she ended up on a mailing list or something and will feel more like it was "her" idea and not some friend judging her.  That is just my opinion though.  If it were her first...
Yeah. I'm 100% sure my sister is now going to circ her baby when he's born.  She was on the fence but her husband said he would like it done.  I had her convinced that there was no medical reason. They were looking for a medical reason. Now they have one.  They're not going to bother to really look into the studies the AAP used and realize they are flawed. Thanks, AAP.   Another anecdote...my friend had a baby a few days ago and circ'd him because she read that the AAP...
I'm going through the same thing with my 4 month old.  He's a big boy....almost 16 lbs.  I am going crazy with him waking up constantly to nurse all night!  And like yours, he's not just sucking for comfort, he's GULPING down milk.  I've lost so much weight from this baby eating so much that I'm starting to look like a different person and not really in a good way!  I thought it was the sleep regression thing when it started, but I think he's actually hungry.   I did...
Thanks everyone! I haven't had time to really read through any of the threads I've been on but wanted to say good luck to the moms who are going into labor now.  I'll send good vibes your way!!  Once things settle down a bit, I'll come back and post more.  There's not as much time to rest this time since I've got a toddler too!  
just wanted to update and let you know that it WAS the real deal!!! had my lil man in the middle of the night. i will add more details later
Yeah that's my concern.  I don't want them to be like, "well since you're here and already started, let's go ahead and fire up the pitocin!"  I haven't had any show yet, or had my water break.  I am GBS positive, though and was going to get the abx.  They didn't sound too concerned about it when I called, though so it's probably not a big deal.  Last time, my water broke first, and I went through my entire labor in the hospital.  This time, it's been much more pleasant to...
That's interesting...good to know.  I have been timing them for the most part and they really haven't stopped all day. The closest they got was 4 mins apart, for about an hour, then they went back to being about 6 mins apart.  They hurt pretty badly when they come on, but in between, I'm fine and able to do things.  I called and asked when they want me to come in and they said I can go in when I feel ready but that they'll tell them to expect me this afternoon.  I said I...
Thanks for the reassurance, ladies!  I feel better...I really should just trust myself.  On a "labor signs" note, I had contractions all night....maybe like 1-2 per hour.  Painful ones that woke me up.  I woke up around 5:30 and have been having them off and on all morning.  I'm thinking about timing them to see how far apart they are.  My doctor said to come in when they are 3 mins apart.  I'm definitely not there yet, though.  We'll see what happens!  I know they can...
I've been getting that feeling off and on for a couple of weeks now.  Like butterflies in my stomach.  
I hope so!  MIL and her sisters have all scared me with their stories of 9-11 lb babies.  I remember looking at DS when he was almost 2 months old and just under 10 lbs and thinking, "Wow, my MIL gave birth to a baby this big!!"   I'm just nervous that I can't really get that lucky twice.  Also, I think DH has jinxed the situation because he has been going around telling people that I'll most likely go early because DS was early.  I guess in the grand scheme of things, a...