or Connect

Posts by Pattyla

Sorry I haven't posted back here. I'm still nursing and still dealing with Lyme disease. It is so hard to wean my dd early and yet I am so sick. I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words and support. It really helps. No one else understands why I would even want to continue nursing at this point. Patty
Quote: Originally Posted by tibeca I am very curious as to what medications they will have you taking that result in your not being able to breastfeed. I did a little google search, and everything I found said to continue breastfeeding. Have you checked out the Infant Risk Center? Maybe they can help? http://infantrisk.org/ I don't mean to imply that you haven't done your research. I am just hoping that you don't have to stop. I can imagine the...
I don't know anyone who might understand this but this group of women. I am tandem nursing my 6.5 year old and my 2.5 year old. We are all pretty happy with the arrangement. But I have been diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease and may need to go on medication that isn't safe for my nurslings. I am working on weaning them but it is breaking my heart. Also my body is just worn down. They each have their own chronic health conditions that may include Lyme. Caring for...
I have always heard vitamin C for pertussis. So I would do SA to bowel tolerance plus anything you usually do for supporting the immune system. Vitamin D would also be a good one to supplement. I have stopped colds dead taking mega doses of vitamin D.
I read that for Lyme the one that is supposed to show recent (I cant keep the different ones straight) is commonly positive in people with chronic lyme. That was the one I had positive. No bands at all on the other one. (I have also read that is common).
why does your practitioner say that the exposure was over a year ago? My Dr doesn't understand the tests so is no help with that sort of thing. Also have you been on abx continously? I don't understand the logic of stopping herbs to give your body a break but continuing abx. (I'm just doing herbs and haven't done abx yet and hope to avoid them.)
So what do you eat? Adrenal fatigue? Hypothyroidism? Anemia? Estrogen dominant? Mineral Defiecent?
If mom is anemic her milk might not be. Also if mom is anemic then baby may have gotten low iron stores at birth and so has run out early. I think I have read that being anemic can lead to lower interest in solids. Thirdly if mom is anemic it may take a very long time to increase her iron stores enough that it would be higher in the milk so that would mean the baby would go w/o iron for even longer. Low iron can impact brain developement and should be...
Have you looked into vulvar vestibulitis? If I use anything with SLS in it I have vulvar pain. Also some women have problems with oxolates in their food. An issue like this can arise at any time and wouldn't have been caused by the birth. Have you taken antiboitics in the last two years for any reason? There are oxolate degrading bacteria in healthy guts. Vulvar pain is very upsetting. I have dealt with it in various degrees for many years. It started before...
Raw liver from healthy animals is the way to go. lambs liver has the highest iron of any. Chicken is the lowest. My 2 year old loves raw liver and has since she was a baby. I have heard of lots of babies and toddlers who are similar. Give it a try. I get out the liver and cut off a slice of the frozen liver and cut that into small pieces. She eats it partly frozen and I swallow some of the pieces like a pill. It is really good for you (but I think it tastes...