or Connect

Posts by lolablitz

Quote: Originally Posted by limabean Rereading what I wrote before, it sounds bad, but my frame of mind when I wrote it was like how you'd say "Are you crazy??" to a friend when you're confused about something they said and want them to set you straight before you go around thinking they're going to do something nuts. Of course, all that doesn't come across well in writing, but I certainly didn't mean for it to sound as bad as it looks. I can tell...
Wow, you guys are right on. I really needed outside advice, you know? Thank You!!! I agree, she needs to go. I've never been very good at dealing with confrontation, and I'm working on getting better, but I do have a sort of dumb question. By cutting her off, what do I do about DH's extended family? And holidays? Do we try to see his sisters and brother and grandparents/etc separately? His sisters live in Ohio, his brother is here and all of his extended live in MI. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean What?? This sentence makes it sound like leaving your DD alone with your MIL is actually something you would consider. Of COURSE you shouldn't leave her alone with her. She probably shouldn't be around her at all, but alone?? Obviously NOT. Easy there, please. I'm upset enough as it is without having my parenting called into question. I will never leave my little one alone with my MIL again, that is certain....
My MIL is horrible, and I'm sure some of you can relate. She is always throwing daggers and comparing my DD (her only grandchild) to her grandnieces and nephews - and never positively. My questions are more bizarre, however. Last time we visited, she was next to my DD outside in the grass and her little dog was rolling in something a few feet away. I went over to see what the dog was rolling in and it was a pile of dead mice. I told my MIL and she said her cats were doing...