or Connect

Posts by laughymama

Well, lately with DD I've been realizing how dumb DH and I sound. Sometimes it seems the only thing we can think of to say to her is, "Hi....Hi there...Hii..." in the sing-song, higher pitched voice. I think it's because when she smiles we kind of melt and our brains go dead. We never used baby-talk when it came to words. We do use higher pitched voices and emphasize or stretch certain sounds. We've picked up certain words from our DS: Sockies (Socks) and Choo-choos...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Yep. My dd was one of those kids who mostly sttn (at least 5 hours) from day one. She moved to her own room briefly at 4 and came back and usually sleeps with us now at 6. Ds goes back and forth- sometimes sleeping great (6ish hours), sometimes nursing a lot. -Angela Bolding mine. This is our kids. DD is only 5 weeks but so far sleeps in two 4-5 hour stretches each night. DS began sleeping 5-6 hour...
So how exactly would you describe a "spirited toddler/child"? I feel like a LOT of toddlers would be considered "spirited". Then I compare my DS to the children (toddlers) of my friends and wonder if he's spirited or if they just have REALLY low-key, quiet kids. Cain is a happy kid. He is funny and enjoyable to be around. His behavior is what DH and I would consider "normal" toddler behavior. We get mixed reactions from friends though. It leaves me...
Hello! I've read the entire thread and have thought a bit about what you have said. I really think you would benefit from reading Protecting the Gift. A PP suggested it, I believe. It is one of my favorite books and it addresses exactly what you have stated in this thread. It goes head to head with the "every situation possible" mindset as well as how to teach your children and teens to stay safe. It also goes into how to keep YOURSELF in a good, healthy mental...
DS: Induction by Pitocin at 39 weeks (37 by MY numbers) w/ Epidural Labored 9 hours Pushed 4 of those 9 Low forceps delivery 7 lbs DD: Homebirth at 43 weeks 1 day Labored 9 hours Pushed 10 minutes (4 or 5 pushes total) 8lbs 10oz Lucca's (DD) birth was SO much easier. I cannot even begin to explain how easy it was compared to Cain's birth. I believe that the major (and very unnecessary) interventions with Cain are why it was so difficult. Either way, the...
I'm so sorry. Your poor girl. I think your FIL should be spoken to. He's an adult. I think he can handle a "confrontation" and discussion. Confronting someone doesn't have to be an argument and can be done in a calm manner. Mainly I think you should speak with him about this because his relationship with his granddaughter needs to be addressed. She deserves an apology and they would probably both feel much better afterward. If it were me I probably would not feel...
Quote: Originally Posted by texmati forget housework-- My 'dream MIL' would hold her tongue, and say only nice things about baby and mom. He looks cold? it's ok, she'll figure it out. He needs a hat? it's ok she'll figure it out. After knowing how sensitive I was those first few weeks to critisim, I now just give compliments after births: "You are doing such a wonderful job" "you look great!" "s/he's so sweet, looks just like you" "awww... s/he...
It's a girl! Lucca Rayne Peterson was born at home, healthy as an ox. 9:06 AM, 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long. Labor and birth was complication free aside from a short trip to the hospital a few hours later to get my 3rd degree tear sutured. (It didn't even feel like I tore at all!) Now for some much needed rest! Thank you ladies for all your love and support! I'll post my birth story as soon as I can think straight and some of the new baby brain fog has lifted!
I had a membrane sweep done yesterday morning. I will be 42 weeks tomorrow. I have been having some nice contractions since 6 this morning but nothing regular. It's a bit frustrating. I know it's silly but I really was hoping to magically go into labor after the sweep yesterday. I was dilated to around a 4 which I realize means nothing in terms of going into labor but dang it...I'm 42 weeks pregnant so I'm taking it as a hopeful sign. I'm rolling and bouncing...
No baby yet! Thank you for thinking of me. I will be 42 weeks tomorrow and measured around 40 1/2 yesterday morning at our prenatal. I also had my midwife do a gentle membrane sweep. I've been having some nice, stronger contractions since six this morning but nothing regular. I'm trying to be patient. I just wish I could do something to kind of push things along a bit. Walking around doesn't seem to increase them but neither does relaxing. So I'm just kind...