or Connect

Posts by MomSmoo

with experience doing adjustments during pregnancy.  My sacroiliac joint needs some work and the first chiro I went to had limited experience with pg women and I ended up with a pinched nerve.  now I need someone to fix that!  LOL
Ever since DS2 was born, I said if I were to have a third, I would have a home birth.  My labor was lovely with #2, the hospital I delivered at was extremely friendly and all my wishes and demands were met without question.  But since I had an intervention free 2nd birth, I said there was no point in going to the hospital.    We have since moved and I found a wonderful and extremely competent pair of ladies to catch our third.  I never second guessed my choice, and...
Liz -- I see you are in the UK.  Please remember, the UK legal system and the US legal system are VERY different.  As a former medical malpractice attorney I can absolutely tell you that what you have been told is 100% incorrect.  Attorneys will take cases against a m/w who has no medical insurance, but they may end up settling or recommending settling for less.  Honestly, I would take the case without question (I own my own practice).  There are many ways to get $$ out...
Oh my!!  I really wish women would realize that judgmental statements like this do NOTHING at all to "further the cause" of homebirths or unmedicated births.  UUUGH.   No one has the same circumstances that you do and while I am not a big fan of OBs (after professionally defending them in med mal lawsuits for many years), they have a place in US maternity care.  And guess what... that gets to be your choice on what position they play.   On a side note -- I have...
Just wanted to circle back and thank you ladies.  We found out we are pg with our 3rd and I am going to be using Mary McLane.  We have only just met, but I just simply adore her!
1. What is your first name?  Whitney 2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)?  I have 2 boys who are 3 and 5 and this with be #3. 3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...?  married for 7 years 4. When are you "due?" October 13th, but both of my boys came at exactly 38w, 5ds, so we will see if this one will follow that trend! 5. Do you have any names picked out?  Piper Ann if it is a girl (I have a long list, but this is the one DH...
Hi!  #3 for me, due date is October 13th.  I haven't even told DH yet, even though I found out on Sunday.  i am trying to come up with a creative way to share the news.
Holy moly -- REALLY.  I am truly in shock.  He is the one who suggested we skip the chicken pox, delay MMR and skip flu.  And he would always give me research and let me make the decision.  I wonder what the heck happened since we have been there.  Sorry you had a bad experience. 
anyone want to provide insight on how to decide?  Birth Center is about an hour away (which terrifies me -- car + labor = sucksville), but both the birth center and the homebirth midwife transfer to the same hospital.  Home birth midwife will come to my house for each appt, which is nice, vs. me driving to the birth center (although I could use a local OB until 20w or so).   I want to say that I will make the decision based on who I am most comfortable with, but...
I little out of your way, but Dr. Baskin in Croton on Hudson is awesome and his standard schedule is actually much much more spaced out.  Loved him and wish I could still see him!  (we moved to PA)