or Connect

Posts by <3mymom

Fillling out applications especially for financial stuff can be really tricky, especially the FAFSA..... oh man that one is near impossible. I've never actually had to do it for myself, but I've done it for 3 other people and it took a lot of time to figure out what information they actually wanted. Now I'm pretty darn good at it, but that had a bit of a learning curve.
I keep thinking of stuff I forgot. How to read a map was one of the things my mom really stressed was important to me. I guess she wanted me to be able to figure out where I was, where I was going, and how I was going to get there no matter where I ended up.
Oh and how insurance works (deductibles, what types there are, who needs what) and how to deal with issues relating to insurance. This has been especially important to know for health insurance, but also for car insurance, and renters insurance. Basic first-aid skills (and dealing with illness) are pretty important too, even if it's just how to disinfect a cut, and decide when you really actually need to go to the hospital, or if rest and tea will fix...
Ok so once again, not a mom but had awesome parents who taught me a bunch of skills that has made me successful since I moved out three years ago. Money: paying bills, saving, investing (even if there isn't money to invest, learning how is important), budgeting, how to fill out basic tax forms, banking, check writing, checkbook balancing and even if you (general you) don't use credit cards it is really valuable to know how they work and how easy it is to get into a ton...
While I am not a mother yet (so take my opinion with a grain of salt) I feel I have a decent understanding as to where the OP is coming from. I'm 20 now so have the right to make my own medical choices but have come up against some pressure from my dad to get a flu shot this year. As an adult now I refused after doing my own research but my dad still brings it up and is mostly coming from a perspective of media fear and hype. I was fully vaccinated as a child though my mom...
Hi I have a question for all the amazing women here on MDC (this is my first post so sorry if I put this in the wrong forum). I am not a mother (but do have an amazing mom) and don't know when/if I will be one but I strongly believe in women's rights including their rights to birth, feed and parent their children as they choose. So my question is what can I do to support the rights of mothers to breastfeed their children whenever and wherever their children need?...