or Connect

Posts by BettinaAuSucre

i wish I could summarize my codependency in a single sentence. It took 10 years to get here. I am only 28 right now, but after self-examination, I realized it started at 18, with the birth of my first daughter. Slowly, I started becoming what other people wanted, pushing aside my needs and wants, myself, to please others. Do what I thought I SHOULD be doing instead of what I wanted. Now, with two divorces and a new relationship, I am struggling. I am, for the first time,...
So I have considered what I want to do with my life finally at the ripe age of 27. But I need a business degree to do so. I have looked at a lot of for-profit schools and having done and quit one previously, it is not something I want to pursue again. There are a couple of colleges around here that do business degrees but only on campus. I don't have my own car so I would have to take a night class. My only concern is that we really don't have any expendable income and I...
My sister in law lives off Jasmine Trail, in the Savannah community. She has two daughters, 1 and 4. She is a stay at home mom too. Her name is Nancy and i can ask if she would be interested in having a new friend.
Thanks to all the supportive and positive posts. I have called my daughter's school in Florida and had an extremely awkward and short conversation with the teacher. I think she had no idea who I was. I just casually mentioned that since moving to the new school and home, I wanted to ensure her safety and having been given untrustworthy information from her caregiver, I felt it best to speak with an unbiased third party.    All I can do for now is stay the course....
Good points made.    The car was purchased when the truck my husband originally had was no conducive to carseat safety. So he had to roll his truck into the new car. Thusly, it would not benefit us in any way to sell it. However, public transportation is a possibility, but we have to move first as we live rurally now, intending to move closer to mass transit in March. After this move, we will re-evaluate our finances and start stocking money away for court...
The biggest complaint i hear from working mothers is that they miss spending time with their family, that they never seem to have time for themselves and some barely make enough to cover the expenses of working. I could do the nanny thing, but I am not sure I would be good at it. I have a hard enough time keeping calm with my own child, I cannot fathom how I would deal with others.    I wish there were something I could say that would make you understand the...
I suppose I will humor you with an answer, though I doubt it will help. I was actually messaged and dated the person on OKCupid before all the abuse allegations. I was in a good place, being able to see my daughter regularly and things seemed to be looking up. I have a profile on OKCupid since '07. I get emails when someone messages me. I answered back, gained a friendship, and that was that.  Anyways, he has been incredibly supportive having been through the same...
It could be unrelated to the original report I filed. I have a feeling that house is immensely unkempt. I did ask whether she could tell me about what happened and she said no. 
CPS in Florida where I originally called tells me that they went to the home and that my daughter is no danger. They spoke with those involved and have an ongoing investigation. They couldn't tell me anymore than that. If CPS finds no dangers to the child, then the case is shut, right?    I find absolutely no relief in this. 
*sigh* i don't know what to say. People are saying I don't care enough, that I am not doing enough and that I am seemingly "un-phased" by this. And that hurts. But that is NOT the case. I suppose my posts lack emotion because I have trained myself to be rational and just lay out the facts when it comes to discussing problems in forums. However, I cried the entire way home after having to drop her off, a 3 hour car ride that was emotionally wrought and painful.   I...