or Connect

Posts by fragola3

I felt really misunderstood and alone at that point, too--when my twins were about 15-16 months.  It's like you've made it through the "hard first year", but it's STILL hard.  And nobody really "gets" it.  I felt SO alone.   Don't have much to say, except be gentle on yourself and know that you're not alone.  Twin toddlers is just as hard as twin infants (IMO)--just in different ways, and so it's okay to feel frustrated, sad, discouraged, etc.  You're doing a great...
I agree w/ Sympathetic Dad.  My mz girls were only 2 oz apart, but one had more hair than the other.  In fact, I insisted they were fraternal b/c of this, and then eventually got a DNA test to confirm MZ.     This said, at night I sometimes couldn't tell them apart--due to my sleep deprivation and the dark.  And also, as toddlers, I almost gave one of them a double dose of medication by accident, thinking I was giving the medicine to the other twin.  Now I'm very...
Adaline's Mama--I'm so very happy for you!!  What a blessing, and I like your comment about the universe being back on your side....I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweetie Charlie.   My mz twins were born 3 weeks before my oldest dd turned 3.  It's been quite the ride!  You'll enjoy the mom's of multiples board--that was a huge support for me.  I also love this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-wULAaD50  It inspired me to hear all the good about a twin...
We used a double Maclaren (side-by-side)--loved it--not too large.  We also had a double BOB, which I also love for hiking/jogging.  My dd was almost 3 when my twins were born.     If she was walking (like at the mall), I taught her well to hold onto the stroller as I pushed.  But usually, she'd sit in it w/ one twin, while I carried one twin on my front.   Also, the double BOB is great, b/c my twins would sit in the regular spots, while my older dd would sit...
My di-di mz girls were born at 40 weeks 1 day.  My first sono was at about 20 weeks (Tech said, "How many babies are you having, b/c there's 2!"  We were shocked.)  Then I had about a sono at every appointment--one a month until I went to bi-weekly during the last 2 months and weekly during the last month.   I think we in the U.S. do too many ultrasounds--especially for routine singleton pregnancies.  I'm surprised at how many sonos my friends get at their OBs...it...
I'll be moving to SLC w/ my dh and 3 dds in the coming months and was wondering if anyone here lives in SLC and goes to a Montessori school.  I'm surprised how it seems most Salt Lake Montessori schools are fee-based.  In Tucson, all the Montessori schools are charter, so I'm a bit discouraged about the prospects in SLC.   If anyone lives in SLC, I'd love to hear about your school choice! Many thanks! Juliet
I was just wondering if there were any other twin/multiple moms in Salt Lake City on this board?  There's a strong chance we might move there (I've got 3 dds, two of which are twins).   I'm specifically looking into elementary schools and preschools there.  Not many tuition free options in terms of Montessori and there's no Waldorf (which my girls currently attend).  I've already been on the education boards, too....   If anyone is out there, I'd love to hear...
Did your twins stay in the same class at school?  Did it change from year to year based on what was best for them or what they preferred??   My ODD is in kindergarten, and we're trying to figure out what school to keep her in next year.  Her current one, which we really love, only has one class per grade.  But, I'm thinking of my twins (DDs) who will be 3 in Jan, and if we remain at this school for my ODD, my twins would never have the option of being in separate...
Baby A had all the space and moved tons.  I was always worried about Baby B, b/c her movements were so subtle and few and far between.  But the ultrasound tech always commented on how "poor Baby B" was so super squished--she was permanently facing her knees in a very tight pike position and had no other position.   It's funny, b/c now (age 2) they talk about it:  "Mommy, I had all the room and moved around like this!" followed by her sister saying..."And I was...
My dd turned 5 in February.  She's in her 2nd year at our local Waldorf school, and in her first year of the mixed age Kindergarten class (4-year-olds turning 5, and 5-year-olds turning 6).  Next year will be her "real Kindergarten year".  We started out in the Pre-K program with little intention on staying with Waldorf after the pre-k program (b/c it's a private school w/ tuition), but now we're seriously considering staying and then moving on to the grades.   She's...