or Connect

Posts by bwaybaby918

some other toddler options that might work are a Scootababy Hip Carrier (if you're looking for a hip carry), or if you're going to only be holding him for short periods of time and need something that you can pack up really small, try the BobaAir or Ergo Stowaway ;)
the actual term was coined by Dr. Sears and has just become the way most people describe using soft or structured carriers to hold/carry baby.  There are TONS of "babywearing" groups, forums, etc., and the term is just a common phrase used in the community, especially the attachment parenting community. (again, another term coined by Dr. Sears...you're talking about laughing about babywearing...my husband and I had a good laugh when we found out parenting simply by...
For the FCC (your basic X), there are a few things you can try....   First off, with the woven you're not using the cumberbund, right? b/c you really only need that with the stretchy wraps.   So, one thing I LOVE about Dolcinos is that the different colored edges help you know where to tighten.  I like to make an x over my chest, and then come around my waist and tie very loosely in a half knot, making sure to leave enough room in the X to get baby in (and I find...
It might be that his legs/knees JUST reach the edge of the fabric there, so they're pressing into the fabric when bending to make a seat.  You could try putting a piece of fabric under him or even babylegs?  As long as it looks like sock marks and it's not causing him discomfort, it's okay, but I can understand why you'd want to soften it a bit.  As his leg grows a bit, it will become less of an issue.  HTH!
I seem to always forget to post here, but just fyi for any mamas in the Central NJ/Bucks Co., PA area, the Central NJ Babywearers have an upcoming meeting on June 3rd outside of Princeton at the Lawrenceville Branch of the Mercer Co. Library system.  More info can be found by joining our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CNJBabywearing/   Also, for other local mamas looking for Babywearing Groups, you can find most of us on Facebook by searching.  In...
Are you using the FCC or the FWCC with her?  Both are fine, but before giving advice, I just wanted to clarify which carry you're using b/c they wrap a little differently - if you're doing the FCC, you're starting with the middle of the wrap in the middle of your back and then making an X across your chest; if you're doing the FWCC, you're starting with the middle of the wrap on your chest, and wrapping each side across your back and over your shoulder, hanging down...
you are also able to refuse the eye ointment at birth.  It's only done as a routine procedure and for mamas with or at risk for certain STDs.  I delivered in Trenton, not Princeton, but had no trouble refusing the shots and eye ointment.  
Haven't posted info in a while.  Our next meeting will be Sept. 10th in Lawrenceville, and we're planning a meeting up in Highland Park on Sept. 30th, as well.  Join our Facebook group for more info :)   https://www.facebook.com/groups/117406764982535/   Also, in case any mamas on the board are looking for other local babywearing groups.   South Jersey group (has lots of meetings throughout S. Jersey): https://www.facebook.com/groups/bwsj1/   North Jersey...
Princeton is great for a lot of things...walkable shops, great schools, local/organic/natural food stores... but, yes, the cost of living is quite high.  We live in Pennington and love it (right outside of Princeton).  Hopewell is another of my favorite locations outside of Princeton.  Houses and taxes in those areas are lower than Princeton, but still relatively high on a national comparison (unfortunately, that's the case with most of NJ).     Also in Mercer County...
We also buy the 365 Organic, which is not UP and tastes SO much better than the UP brands.