or Connect

Posts by EyesOfTheWorld

I totally agree with all those suggestions to let go of the guilt! My daughters are 6 & 4 and I still sometimes feel guilty and anxious leaving, but I've noticed that my alone time AND our together time is SO much better when I relax and enjoy myself. They know they are loved and adored and that I'll be back soon. As far as what I do with the loads of alone time I have? I mostly bead, get online, read or meditate. If I'm out somewhere alone it's usually the grocery...
So I read this thread last night and had DH pick up the DVD at the store - WOW. You weren't kidding! She really did kick my butt, but I loved it! Physmom - It can be SO hard to exercise with kids! I could only do it once I got them in bed or down for a nap when they were tiny. Now I try to do it when they are both in school, but for DD2 that's only 2 days a week and even at four she's demanding. Chiromamma had a great suggestion. I also try to get a little playtime in...
How do I delete this duplicate post?!
Quote: Originally Posted by tinybutterfly \I wish I lived where there were sidewalks and safe parks to walk alone. I'd walk a lot more if those things were available here. Our neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks either! It makes no sense, but I just walk on the opposite side of the road so I can see oncoming traffic. There is a nice park near us, but no where to walk - lots of woods for hiking but that's not what I want for every day exercise....
I've been walking/ running for awhile now. I have some extra pounds to lose and asthma on top of other health issues (plus this awful heat!!) but a nice brisk walk up and down the hills here with some spurts of running is an awesome work out!
We are in a very similar situation with my older DD. She did play "teacher's helper" a bit this year in kindergarten and it worked out fine, but I'm not sure as she is advancing that I want her to be regulated to this role. We're trying to figure out if it would work best to have her skip a grade or if there is something else that can be done. I agree that in the long term being the "helper" isn't fair to her or the other children and will be socially awkward. To those...
I'm in Fredericksburg - anyone else? I know there's lots of crunchy ladies in the area, but most of them aren't here.
I make smoothies with spinach or kale daily, and both of my kids eat them up. Just be sure to add some strawberries, oranges or other foods with Vitamin C to help aid absorption (and taste ). I usually do about two handfuls of spinach or kale, frozen strawberries, banana, flax seeds, chia seeds, aloe juice, some fruit juice if we have any on hand, and water (just enough to cover the solid stuff). You really just play around and see what tastes good to you! If he won't...
I totally didn't answer the actual question! When DD1 was 5, her "friends" were my friend's children. They got along, but they weren't extremely close, and I was a little worried then too. She's just recently found 2 friends that I'd say are really kids she CHOOSE to be friends with who weren't just circumstantial buds. It's just one of those things that happened on her time.
I wouldn't worry in the least! At this age some kids are all about socializing, but some kids would really rather be doing their own thing or spending time with their family. You're giving him a great family foundation for future friendships! He'll let you know when/ if he's ready to be more social with other kids