or Connect

Posts by smpayne

I agree with the posters that said - there is no one answer.  It's been a loooong time since I had to deal with cloth diapers and there are quite a few more brands available now.  Get a few different ones and try them out.  What works for one baby may not work for another.  Leg size, waist size and rise can all vary from one brand to another and obviously, it's real hard to predict until you actually try it on.   I found I personally liked pinned pre-folds (which...
Today's (8/9/2011) Wall Street Journal had a nice article about how and why public-health officials are shifting tactics to encourage breastfeeding.  It states that the goverment's objective is to raise the "exclusive" breastfeeding rate (up to 6 months), with NO supplementation from 15% to 60% by the end of the decade.   Worst States: Louisiana Mississippi Alabama West Virginia South Carolina   Top Five...
Definitely loose the zipper and have them put in eyelets or loops in it's place and lace it up the back instead.
#1 ds - Age 25, first month of trying. I had not been on BC, we had been using condoms. #2 ds - Age 30, was on BC (with ABX the month prior) Now Age 42 and have been off BC since Dec 2009, standard regular periods, but no pregnancy yet.
Quote: Originally Posted by Carolina Kel However, until that happens, we do want Tryst to have some sort of parental rights on paper - for both Ninja and Eirik (my son with RJ). Any advice? Check with JAG about setting up an additional guardian for your children. Due to the nature of the job, I'm sure it's common to have additional guardians, especially when your husband is deployed.
I have heard the following reasons: Would violate Fire Codes (bare minimum space) Legal liability issues/fears The straps kept breaking off and they couldn't safely be used without all the parts (or were afraid to use them).
Have you tried adding "Washing Soda" (not baking soda) with the detergent? It helps with the hard water.
Vinegar is usually used as a replacement for fabric softener. I made my first batch by boiling down the soap 2 weeks ago, it really not that hard, and it makes a HUGE batch, like 160 loads or so. I think I am going to pull out the electric grater and do about 4 bars of soap at once and store them in baggies, so they are ready to melt down next time. If you are using hot water in the washer, just shave a TBLS of soap into the washer with 1/2 cup of borax. The soap...
Just before, it would make me more relaxed knowing my house is clean and it is a lot easier to try and keep it clean than to start from scratch. I don't think I would feel comfortable with some stranger comming through my house for a few hours while I'm still trying to figure out when I will have time to get a shower and get dresses before baby wants to eat again. Although 1 month PP might be wonderful too.
Check out ebay before going to the dealer. I have been able to replace a lot of stuff that way for about about 1/4 of the dealer price.