or Connect

Posts by go_blue

I'm interested. I'd love to meet more like-minded parents nearby (I live in Cedar Mill). How old are the kids of the mama's in the group? My DD is 2yo. -Michele
I just made the decision recently to become SAHM; i worked fir 18 months after i returned from maternity leave. Although my student loan debt is not as large as yours (I only have ~$40k), I did leave a 6-figure job. I am fortunate that my husband has a good-paying job (though I did bring home more than him). Here is how I justified it (no particular order) 1) I just accepted that I am a different person now than I was when I decided to go to grad school. when i...
MSP (Minneapolis) airport has a family room which is super convenient as well. It is between some of the major concourses (near the large French Meadows Bakery). I often stop there with DD for nursing in comfort.
Just thought I'd share my experience in hopes it gives some of you some encouragement... My DD just turned 2, and I am starting to see some results from NCSS advice for night-weaning by using latch-offs. After about 3 weeks of frequent latch-offs when I was putting DD to bed, and occasional latch-offs in middle of night, my daughter has been falling asleep without breast in her mouth about 8 of last 10 nights. She is often latching off herself, rolling over, relaxing...
We have belonged to Sun Gold Farms CSA for 3 years now and love it. They have a website with cost info for the season (http://www.sungoldfarm.com/) . It is super convenient for us since the CSA delivers to our employers (large employers in Hillsboro and Beaverton). I know the CSA also has pick-ups at Farmer's Markets around PDX (Hillsdale, Beaverton and PDX Sat Market). I feel the balance is pretty good, but I occasionally struggle with too much zucchini and...
My secrets? 1) Bring a snack bag of food from home, 2) shop early in the morning when DD is in a good mood and there are few people in the store, 3) get her a snack from the bulk food section - she usually picks a different kind of dried fruit to try in the store 4) Use the "car" grocery cart if available 5) When she no longer has patience, I ask her to help get things for me and put them in the cart. Yesterday when I told her to get some bananas she ran to where...
Thanks for starting this thread. I need to share, to help me see things more clearly (writing and sharing with others makes me more honest with myself and allows me to view the situation a little more objectively). I can empathize with some of you, and others make me feel like my situation is not so bad... My Situation... DD is approaching 2. She has never STTN. Best case was 5-6 hours about 2 or 3 nights when she was about 7 weeks old. Normal for us is first...