or Connect

Posts by Frankie'sMom

With both of my kids, I had sore and scabby nipples.  With my first kid it lasted about 6 weeks and was awful - almost bad enough for me to just quit altogether.  With my second, it lasted about 2 weeks, still not great, but it's over now.  I was also doing it right, but everything you read says if it hurts, you're doing it wrong.  I think that sometimes mama's just get sore nipples.  Lanolin worked great for me as far as soothing and healing.  I would say keep doing it...
Most of the posts here about cheating seem to be about cheating husbands or boyfriends.  I am looking for mamas who are the cheaters - because I am, and it's a lonely, crappy place to be.  I get enough judgement from people I know who know about it, and I'm here because this forum is usually pretty supportive.  I just feel like I'm going crazy and want to know other's experiences.    Long story short.  I had an affair with a co-worker.  So cliche!  Anyway, it lasted...
I know this isn't completely unheard of, but after I have sex my pelvis hurts so bad I can't stand up comfortably for hours.  Not really just my pelvis, but it's like my vagina hurts.  I don't know, it's weird to explain.  I don't have a problem with dryness or anything, and I don't really want to stop having sex.  Anyone know of anything I can do?  At this point (third trimester) I can really only be on top, so maybe that exacerbates the pelvic pain? 
My kid was super screechy until recently, starting when he was about 16 months.  He's 20 months now. He was a blood-curdling screamer.   We tried to ignore it (which is hard, especially in the car) or "shhhh" him and tell him about inside voices.  It is much better now.  You might just have to wait it out, be consistent and patient - like most unpleasant behavior, I am discovering.
They ARE little cages, but aren't babies kind of like little animals? I kind of thought the same thing when I'd see my kid in his crib, but it's for safety - and the right kind of safety, not the overprotective-pad-everything-my-kid-might-bump-his-head kind of safety. Anyway, I haven't seen much out there as an alternative, although I have a friend-of-a-friend who used a hammock for their baby and she sleeps over their bed so she can be rocked easily. I am not sure...
anyone?
We're co-sleeping, but I've been wanting to get my 14mo onto his own bed in our room, since we'll most likely be moving him into his own room in a few months. I'd like him to get used to sleeping alone gradually. Is he too young to do this? We sleep in a bed off the floor, and have a futon mattress that we can slide out from underneath that he would sleep on. I thought that if I sleep on the outside, I would hear him if he stirred. He's very mobile and almost walking...
This is exactly what I've been dealing with for months! My son is now 14 months and we've been doing the pillow thing too. I've been searching for some kind of roll-off barrier, but there's nothing really out there. So far, he hasn't rolled off, but we do have the bed off the floor with a futon mattress that slides out from underneath. We pull it out when he's on the bed just for extra security. At night if he wakes up he just sleepily rolls around, but for naps he'll...
I don't have a lot of suggestions, and mine is only 13 months, so at this point it's not so much the whining, as it is the SCREAMING. But the whiney tone is definitely making its way out. What I'm trying to do it tune it out and not let it affect me (also what I do with the screaming) and hopefully, he'll someday understand that it doesn't do any good to whine. Take deep breaths!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a crazy question that I hope someone can help me with. I was at the doctor yesterday and was perusing some parenting magazine and saw a holiday gift guide (it was an outdated magazine!) that had as a suggestion these story books that you could get that you could have them put in your (or your kid's) picture as part of the story. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It was like a regular story book...