or Connect

Posts by MawrtyrB

I had switched to a midwife before I found out I was PG with twins. We made the decision to stay with her and use the natural friendly hospital if there were no complications going in. My understanding is that you are pretty much required to deliver in the OR with twins anywhere you go. I was insistant on a natural birth. We did a pitocin induction but otherwise did a natural pain-drug free delivery. I never made it to the OR because Twin A just shot out of me less than a...
If I didn't already have a huge gdiaper stash from DD I would totally try Flip. We have 3 in CD. There isn't a diaperbag big enough to carry that much of our regular cloth so we're using gdiapers to go out during the day now, with cloth inserts (gflappers), except for travel or going to the beach. As to regular CD, we had a good sized stash from DD when we had the twins so we could resuse alot. DH raves about how much diaper money we save. It's doable, I just have to...
Patty Madden delivered my twins with an assist by her OB Dr. O'Flynn. They were wonderful. Elmer was wonderful.
38 weeks & 1 day, did an induction only because I was already having contractions and there was a pending holiday. They were concerned about my ability to get to the hospital on time and getting enough staff there. Pitocin and broke my water. Delivered 3 hours later, vaginally, without pain drugs or epi. Both were and remained head down. The smaller twin delivered first. 5 lb 2 oz. Baby B was 7 lb 7 oz. Baby A just shot out of me before they had a chance to move me to the...
We CD'd our twins and DD since birth. The twins were 5 lb 2 oz and 7 lb 7 oz. DD was 8 lb 11 oz. We started each in Kissaluv fitteds, but none of them, even my little guy stayed in them long. After the first month they were just peeing too much and had gained so much weight that we switched them into our pockets, mainly BumGenius OS. Our other mainstay diaper is the FB. With twins, expect to launder diapers daily. It's not that big of a deal, just becomes part of the...
I was induced with pitocin but no pain drugs. It was surprisingly easy. Didn't hardly even hurt until the last couple hours. I had a doula. We played music and used the relaxation techniques from the Bradley classes. We spent the whole labor singing to the music. I had a whole relaxation playlist ready but we ended up having too much fun singing to our favorites. I was real nervous about going to the OR to deliver but my midwife assured me they'd make it as comfortable as...
Standard even my super natural friendly hospital too. However my little guys decided they couldn't wait to get to the OR so they popped out in the labor room. Oops. I was really nervous about going to the OR too. My midwife assured me that they worked really hard to make it not so uncomfortable.
Well now that depends...I only escaped the OR because i went from 8 cm to twin A shooting out of me like a cannonball in under 2 minutes. I don't recommend that though. Nothing was set up in the labor room that I was in and it caused massive pandemonium. I was happy to avoid the OR though. The thought of it made me really nervous.
Yes, essentially it is a convenience based, but could they really get all the personnel there in time if I needed them on Thursday? She seems to think they couldn't. "Skeletal staff" was her words. As it is, it's a 40 minute drive to this place from my own house. We might show up not having a lot of time. I personally don't care how many people are there as long as my midwife is, but I think it's an issue of the strict NJ laws, etc. It's so hard for them to practice around...
Ok i'm 38 weeks with my twins. I'm supposed to deliver at a special hospital that is now essentially a birth center in a hospital since they built a new regional hospital nearby. However they have full capabilities should a c-section be necessary, etc. My midwife calls me today. I saw her on Thursday. I was 2-3 cm dilated then. Over the weekend I had a lot of contractions but it kept fizzling out after a couple of hours. I don't think anyone expected me to make it through...