or Connect

Posts by Icehockey18

Hi! We have been using a Waldorf inspired in home day care part time for a while now.  Sadly she is not doing day care any more and we are in the search for a similiar place.  Ds will be 2 in June.  Also, my best friend is looking for something to replace her day care.  Her Ds is 18 mo.  We would like in home, but would also really like to have a nanny at one of our houses and do a 'nanny share'.  Does any one know of any in home holistic (or Waldorf/ Montessori type)...
I agree with pp, it depends on how the parents handle it. I am a step mom of a 6 yo, and he's not screwed up. The mom can be a bit crazy at time, but dh is very level headed and does not 'play her game'.... But they have been divorced since dss was 9 mo, so he doesn't really 'know' any other way... But I wil say not getting a divorce can sometimes be worse. My mom should have divorced my fathers years ago, but she didn't, because of us kids. Now, I am 'dealing' with...
Awesome! If more mainstream 'famous' mamas admitted to things like this (bc I'm sure more do it!) maybe it would become more accepted! I know that's sad to say, but it's true!
Nak I like them both but I love the nickname izzy! And I do have friends with both a Sophie and an isabell...
Yes! Happy birthday!!! Ds turned one on Saturday and we had a little party (for the adults ) I said no presents (nicely) on the invites and most people followed! We got some clothes, but no junk . Also, ds stil will.not.eat and I had grand plans to make him his own 'healthy' (banana muffin) cupcake in case he decided to eat, but never got to it. So when it came time to do the whole cupcake with one candle thing, I had to use a 'real' cupcake (home made by my friend and...
Ds is 12 mo and we haven't used his crib once. We did use the bassinet a few times when he was smaller, but that's it. It does become a 'big' bed (the front and back become a head board and foot board) so I'm sure we will use that some day.... Our bed is difficult to side car because it is a platform bed, so I'm afraid the gap would be too big.... But ideally I would like ds to have his own sleeping surface in the next year (he's a bedhog ) My friend just made a 'nest'...
So I was grocery shopping today for ds' first birthday and he started signing 'milk'. He was in the ergo (in the front, like usual at the grocery store so I can make sure he doesn't pull things off the shelves...). He had just eaten before we left so I said, hold on we will be home soon. But then he looked me in the eye signed milk again and started pulling at my shirt ( a v-neck). Again, I said, hold on I'll feed you when we get home. But this time he looked at me...
We all come in different shapes and sizes... Maybe your lo is just petite. As long as she seems heathy and your mama instict says she is fine, I'm sure she is. Besides I don't think babes get too much nutrition from 'food' anyway in the first year or so. As long as she is still nursing, has wet and poopy diapers (like you said she has) then I'm sure it is just a phase. Ds has.no.interest in food at.all! I am away from him part time, and my mom tries giving him food...
Quote: Originally Posted by ollyoxenfree You are changing the world! Every moment that you mother your children, inspire your students, explore with research, you are making a contribution. I know academia can be as demanding as private industry for balancing personal and professional lives. I just found more flexibility as a student and I appreciated it during my pregnancies and when I had small children. Thank you for this post. I have...
Nak I agree with pp, if you are failing, then I am too- but we are not!! I have also been told the first year is.just.hard. I was a nanny before I became a mom, taught ice skating to kids, and pretty much loooved kids. I also got the 'you are so great with kids'. And I couldn't wait to be a mom. I thought I had it all figured out. I started the nanny job when they were 4 mo and 26 mo so I thought I knew everything about babes and toddlers. Then I had ds. God must...