or Connect

Posts by kt~mommy

Curious to hear if they stole your top pic!
Yup! I thought the 19th or so but u/s and exam agree on the 10th!
Oo great thread, now I'm going to start making a list when I hear certain bands or songs!   Offhand, I'm thinking for the calm part: Ryan Adams, Civil Wars, Alexi Murdoch...  I will have to go raid my music collection! 
My son will be 6 when this little one comes along, in Kindergarten, kinda doing his own thing. But I also worry about this same thing. He's been begging for a sibling for years, so he will be thrilled... but is that in theory or actuality, I don't know yet.    No advice from my experience, but a friend of mine had great luck telling her older daughter that the baby was "hers" and she needed to be very helpful, her girls are about 3 years apart.  I guess the ownership...
cwill: hugs on the weaning. I was super sad too.  My son was 4 though and it was time, although he would still be nursing probably if I had let him... he didn't need it and wasn't too sad about stopping.  He and I had a celebration, made it a big deal.  Went to do kiddie amusement park rides and went out to dinner, rode the train- all things he chose to make it a great end to a lovely era.  awww now i'm sad too!
I haven't sorted through all my old stuff yet, but it was 6 years ago for me as well!  I've recently purchased a few fun things, most excitingly is my new maternity wool coat (i didn't need one last time with an early Fall baby).  Other than that I've found a maternity swim suit (didn't swim at all through last pregnancy, but my son loves swimming, so we go more often now), a couple shirts and a pair of pants.   not sur eyet how much more I will buy, but I definately...
12 newspapers gathering dust around my house, recycled 1 pile kids artwork, recycled   donated: 10 cloth napkins... should probably get rid of more 1 tablecloth 1 belt 3 sweaters   tossed: 1 plastic bandaid case   =29  -- 1041/2013
Got to hear heartbeat again Friday, nice and strong. Very reassuring as still I have hardly any symptoms other than a greatly expanding waistline!  I had to dig out my maternity clothes for weekend wearing, as old jeans are digging in badly these days.  Work still doesn't know yet, so I'm still trying to cover the belly!!  I'm in the middle of a possible job change (2nd interview tomorrow, they are aware I'm pregnant), so I'm avoiding telling my current job until I know...
Happy to share more names My running list so far for girls vivian eleanor sadie charlotte georgia alice ava adele hazel june josephine daisy pearl ruby lila ivy edie willa helen amelia beatrice leona for boys: elias ezra owen henry august asher samuel noah ansel amos phinneaus thatcher sawyer simon arlo julian gus lewis luther judah miles moses oscar silas Some of these names are taken by friends or family already but I still have them on the list as possible middle...
this is bizarre to me and so different from my pregnancy with DS -- I pretty much never feel like eating at all, and not because I'm nauseous or have aversions to foods, I just am never hungry. This is really different from how I am not-pregnant also because I'm very consistent with my meals etc.  With DS I had morning sickness including vomiting in between major hunger attacks and near-fainting spells from low blood sugar.  It would feel almost like a panic attack,...