or Connect

Posts by Mayrigah

Please give advice or product advice on babywearing a newborn for those of us in ridiculously hot climates . I'm in central Texas where we have a record busting over 70 days of 100 plus degree weather.  I have a 22 month old when his brother will be here, and no family support for taking care of two under two full-time , 24/7.I *really* need to find a baby wearing option ASAP being 37 weeks.    I have a Moby, but too darn hot. I also only wore my oldest when he was 5...
For reasons I won't go into except to say survivor and medical trauma, I am unable to undergo even a basic pelvic exam with instruments by a OB. I think I may be able to handle basic cervix checks by a *female* provider; hopefully my Ob ( female) and a birth assistant I can trust.   Due to complications and not having been given the opportunity to labor during my last and first pgc y, I'm wondering what my options are to check my progress during labor. Any...
My son's father is angry at both our nearly 16 mo toddler son -and me-for him not being able to put him to sleep. I am pg w/ number two, and 12 weeks today, so unplanned/surprise # 2 will be here in Sep. Son is slowly weaning himself, he nurses at night and naps (he naps once a day; the father was really pushing to knock out the second nap).       When #1 -son was a infant, a week old, the father threw fits at being woken up;slamming doors, yelling at us and...
Quote: Originally Posted by sky_and_lavender I'm white, my husband's Arab. My daughter has an Arabic name unfamiliar to most Americans. Strangers or acquaintances who meet me and the baby without my husband around give me looks and comments if they ask me her name or I tell them for some reason: "Well, that's a mouthful..." or "What an unusual/interesting name..." or "What's that from?"(often said with a look of disdain) and sometimes they don't...
My good gf lives in Dallas and just gave birth to a little sweetie We can't get up there to support her and the fam directly ( who had a return to the hospital soon after birth0 so I am researching resources in the Dallas /North Dallas area. Can y'all who are pro-natural family/crunchy/think-outside-the-lines Ma's please type out some good resources for her to have on hand? Local resources needed: #a pro-nursing, well-informed on bf'ing good pediatrician/ob gyn...
Typoe
welcome.. i also made a move from the dfw !
east Pflugerville/N. austin area
Congratulations!! Welcome to the world, Ollie!!
I am 41 weeks in a few hours. DP and I are looking for the points on the body to try to massage to encourage and bring on labor: acupressure. Any visual or text resources available online? Do any of you know the points?