or Connect

Posts by Lilygoose

I would try contacting them and begging.  I switched practices at 37 weeks and initially those the new practice told me that they could not possibly take me.  Luckily my Bradley instrucctor had used them previously and adovcated for me, but they still said too full.  Then I called and spoke directly with one of the midwives.  I explained my situation to her (that the other practice had originally stated the were okay with my natural birth plan, but however seemed to be...
You might be.  I had a natural hospital birth at a branch of our hospital system that was a women's hospital.  Although they were honest about not specializing in natural birth, they presented themselves as being natural birth friendly.  And in many ways they were (it helped that my midwife had done a fair amount of natural births-especially when my 11 pounder got stuck and she was able to safely continue my natural birth and help get that baby unstuck pronto).  However,...
I find that things run much more smoothly for everyone at my house when I don't yell (and I am speaking of like you when you are trying to get your DD's attention-not at her for doing something I didn't want her to), but physically put myself in front of her and make eye contact.  Then I ask her, "are you listening?"  And she'll tell me either yes or no, depending on her willingness to listen at that time.  If its no, I tell her she needs to listen and will physically...
It sounds like he gets a lot of attention for this behavior (mostly b/c this is one of those behaviors that is kinda hard to just ignore).  I would see if taking a more low key/less attention approach might help.  My DD (who is only 2.5) is aggressive in her interactions and we have tried various things at different times with her.  Something that has worked well for us more recently is to do what we need to protect everyone, give 1 very even tone statement that we don't...
Also figure out if your child needs/wants direct comfort or actually does better being left to themselves a bit.  If I try to comfort my DD in the beginning or middle of her tantrum she just gets more and more upset and can go on forever. She also tells me to "go away'. If I tell her I am going to go do something in another room close by and that she can come and get me when she's ready, she handles herself much better.  I check on her every few minutes (w/o letting her...
I just wanted to suggest that there may be some middle ground here.  Picking up something like a jar of low sugar, more mainstream style peanut butter and some whole grain bread, no HFCS, etc. (the oat is the closest to white), or some yogurt with fruit, perhaps strawberry?, or other foods that fall between homemade hummus or homemade oat muffins and processed cheese non-food (as we call that stuff at my house) and encouraging her to eat those sorts of items, might be a...
Prior to having my DD (almost 2.5 years ago) I was very comfortable being sexually assertive and had no problem initiating.  Since having her though, my sex drive and emotions surrounding have just not been at all the same.  Often times I am mostly uninterested-luckily my hubby is great at getting me into the moment once we actually start.  Along with that, is a struggle to directly initiate even when i am in the mood.  I'm not sure why, its so unlike me.  I now have a...
Just wanted to let you know I had the same seat and the same problem (i hated that seat, for many reasons, this being one of them).  We were never able to get it resolved and my DD had the same issue with her new seat (Complete Air), until she stopped sleeping so much in the carseat.  I didn't try all of these suggestions though-We did put a tightly wrapped towel underneath it, but this was more to get a tight install.  She actually just outgrew this seat rearfacing by...
I have a complete air and have found that the harness tightens best if it is not buckled.  When i try to tighten it with the harness buckled it can be very dificult to downright impossible.  However if I tighten it and then buckle it, its very easy.
My DD 27 months has had a play kitchen for a while and her emjoyment of it comes in spurts.  There are times she plays with it everyday and there are whole weeks that go by in which she doesn't really use it.  BTW it never worked as a "i'm in my kitchen cooking/washing dishes, why don't you go and do it in yours (and hers is next to our actual kitchen)."  She still pprefers to do stuff in the actual kitchen.  We find ourselves easily overwhelmed by too many toys, so...