or Connect

Posts by Forgiven

I don't know very much about PPD or colic but I read this and it sounds incredibly hard. I'm so sorry and I hope it gets better for you really soon. I hope someone else who knows more posts soon.   Hang in there...
Lydia?
http://news.yahoo.com/milwaukee-runs-provocative-ads-wake-parents-dangers-co-213117311.html;_ylt=At55fhV14CyjxWnjSxcC93UDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTRicHNqcTk1BGNjb2RlA2N0LmMEbWl0A01vc3RQb3B1bGFyIExpc3RpbmcEcGtnA2YwOTJhNGZhLWE2NTAtMzY0OC05ZWMzLTc5ZjQ1NWIyYzgwMwRwb3MDMgRzZWMDTW9zdCBQb3B1bGFyBHZlcgM1ODM3ZWI1YS0wZmJhLTExZTEtOTA5Yy1jYjJlNGEyODdkZGI-;_ylg=X3oDMTFsNnAxMGFjBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANwb3B1bGFyBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
I think you're doing the right thing.   I don't have any experience but I remember child self-injury being discussed in my psychiatry class and they said it's something that needs to be referred to a professional very quickly because the child is doing it to get a reaction (and other reasons), but ignoring the behavior is really harmful because the child generally escalates the behavior insanely fast. He gave an example of a girl hitting herself in the face. At first...
I love this girl's website. i found it by reading her birth story (on her blog at the bottom of the page) I enjoy seeing pictures of Nella growing up. I was always scared of having a down syndrome baby until this. Now, I think it would be just fine. http://www.kellehampton.com/
http://www.inova.org/healthcare-services/womens-health/childbirth/stork-express
Yes, this is what saddens me. The whole reason I'm leaving them alone is not so that I can get a break but so that they can have the time and opportunity to develop their own relationship. I'm not expecting him to parent like I parent or be as involved as I am. Part of that is just how I am with her. Part of that is just the difference between being her mother versus being a father.   Quote:   I agree so much!!! It's okay if he didn't bond right away... I know he's...
First of all, thank you everyone for your responses!   I am really in search of advice and not just looking for a place to vent. However, the advice quoted below leads me to feel that my post is being misunderstood.   Quote:       To re-cap in more detail:   My first strategy was just to let him be as involved as came naturally to him... always welcoming, encouraging and asking/offering but not forcing him to do anything with the baby --- did that for nine...
Hi,   I'm 26 and my husband is 27. We've been married for 3 1/2 years. We got pregnant with our daughter quite by accident. We were that wonderful mixture of scared and excited. She is now 11 months old.   About me: I am so deeply devoted to her in a very primal way. I became a new person when she was born. So clearly a mother. It has been nothing but a privilege to care for her. I love every diaper change, every nursing, every bath. I do a very good job of...
Hi,   I currently work a normal 9-5 job and have my 4.5 month old daughter in daycare. It's a good job and a great daycare, but I really miss my little girl so much. And this just isn't the life that I want for her.   I am thinking of switching to a healthcare job and working the 3rd shift (11p - 7a) so that I can be there for her during the day. She is an extremely great sleeper both at night and for her naps. For her naps, she doesn't nap on any sort of...