or Connect

Posts by vwgirlbeth

..But I can't wait until school starts! I mean, I love my kids more than anything, but I can only be sleep deprived for so long. During the school year I am able to sleep from 9am to 3pm (I work 7pm to 7am), but during the summer I only get to sleep for two or three hours max at a time and then get to go make medical decisions all night long. I cannot afford a babysitter in the summer, so I just struggle along as best I can, but by this point in the summer, my nerves...
I work as a maternity nurse and if I had worked in this field when my son was born I would NEVER have had him circumcised. The OBs don't believe in any anesthetic, except sugar water, and it totally makes me ill to have to assist doctors with these awful procedures. I try to let moms here know that there is not any medical reason to do this to their babies, but this is not a real popular view around here. As my uncircumsized dad told me when my son was born, "Leave his...
As a ten year night shift worker, this is topic near and dear to my heart (as are all sleep-related topics!) I did not start taking naps while my kids were awake until they got to be between five and six years old. They are now 7 and 10 and on the nights I have to work, I tell them to watch a couple videos so I can try to rest. The older one will do it, but the seven year old comes up every fifteen minutes and says, "Are you getting up yet?" I hate summers, because it...
Well, I said six for today, but only manged to do five; I had to cut it short to rush back and pick the kids up from their little summer classes in time. Still, at least I can eat lunch without feeling guilty
Hi, I am glad to meet you all, fellow runners and mommies! I am going out the door today for six miles, which, if I actually pull it off, will be the longest I've run in the last three years! My sister and I are training for our second marathon this October; the first one was 2001 and it seems a LOT harder this time around! ( I am fatter and older, blech!) : Good running to all!