or Connect

Posts by KermitII63

I'm due on the 10th so it could be any day now, and this morning I started to lose my mucus plug...I was totally unfazed, not knowing it was that (this is my second pregnancy, and my first it was a big bloody blob...this was just a little string of yellowish mucus). I called my midwife tonight and she said that with a second pregnancy, the plug is often not bloody at all...I'm feeling really excited that I'm getting closer, and also am feeling tired, totally spacey and...
I can totally understand your wanting to be in a peaceful environment--that is so critical for labor (and helpful regardless!) Is there a way you can make it clear, before labor, what your expectations are in terms of the environment, and let everyone know that anyone who makes it impossible for you to relax will have to go elsewhere so you can birth this baby? I would have a place for him to go that he chooses, so it wouldn't seem like an act of war sending him...
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have read many studies about marijuana being safe in pregnancy, so please don't beat yourself up about that part...though CPS would disagree with the findings I'm sure...   Are you positive home birth with a midwife is out of the question? Have you spoken to any local midwives about your situation? I ask because I am dirt poor and used my last retirement account to pay for my midwife (mine isn't covered either). If I didn't have...
I've gained about 15 lbs so far...I started out around 122 (underweight--I'm 5'9") and, well as of a week ago I was at 138. My last pregnancy I was about 7 lbs heavier at this time, but this pregnancy I have had SOOO many issues with my digestion. I keep eating things that make my gut freak out (and I'm eating healthy foods--my gut just keeps freaking out). I started taking digestive enzymes with every meal, and started gaining and having a really good appetite, so I just...
So I started approaching my next checkup (16 weeks!) with dread and anxiety, and I knew something was up, did some soul searching, and realized that it wasn't a good fit for me after all. Now I am contacting everyone in my area, getting recommendations, and waiting as the information pours in. I feel so blessed that there are options here, and also really sad and kind of lost, floating in this abyss of not knowing. I mean that is so much of what pregnancy is--not knowing...
I hear you--I am so tired, too, especially in the afternoons. I am 16 weeks today and maybe (?) it is getting a bit better, but I find that I can't really stand for very long before I need to be horizontal. I have a four year old, and I will fall asleep while he is playing because I literally can't keep my eyes open. I appreciate the vit. D reminder--I will get better about taking my fish oil and see if that helps. I was like this in my last pregnancy, but that time I...
I had no sex drive at all until my moon came back (and when my moon came back, my milk dried up so it was a big hormonal shift). My moon didn't come back until my child was 2.5! So it was a looooooong break from sex. We tried every now and then, but it usually wasn't comfortable or that enjoyable for me. I felt a little bad because I knew my husband wasn't happy with it, but I also knew that forcing myself wouldn't be good for our relationship, so we just dealt with it.  
I am a SAHM, but last time, I waited until it was obvious. I was standing at the photocopier and a coworker looked at my belly and up at me and raised her eyebrows. That was enough for me to realize that the secret was out. I hadn't told anyone, but I didn't want rumors flying, so I told everyone that day (I would rather it come from me, and even people with the best of intentions can make a comment forgetting who knows what.) I was 16 weeks along that time. Now I am 11...
I want to say, good for you for ranting--it is better to get it out here than at home. We all have those "you really don't get it" moments, and for me, sometimes I feel like I need to pretend I am all happy and cheerful, and honestly, sometimes I just NEED to rant to get it off my chest. There is nothing wrong with that, and once we are done, often we are the ones who find solutions to our own problems.   Yes, thinking of things to be grateful for is wonderful for...
I am so, so sorry to hear that you lost your baby. I am crying right now--my heart is so big and open right now I feel for you and all mothers and babies and wish I could hold everyone close and keep everyone safe and secure and loved. Please know that you are not alone, even if many people you talk with don't really understand what you are going through. They are only doing their best. I hope that you let yourself truly grieve and do what you need to do to heal. I...