or Connect

Posts by MommyBecky

Sooo Hello ladies! It's been a long time. I haven't had a chance to get on since little Gabriella Marie was born! On her due date of all days:) March 25th   The birth was amazing- I've never had such a good time haha. My husband and mw were amazing and the prenatal yoga helped so much with pain management that I never really felt out of control. One push and she was out... She's doing great, just a little yeast on her bum. She sleeps really well most nights and the...
sh118- Thanks! I forgot to mention I also took a 2 hr nap yesterday, then did all of that! I was super tired that night, but then couldn't sleep for quite a while... which was another reason I was surprised to wake up entirely pregnant and not laboring this morning.  I've kind of become chill "oh, it'll work out" in the past few weeks. BUT I was thinking yesterday "I hope I don't overdo it and then go into labor exhausted!"
JMJ- I forgot to tell you, I thought I was going into labor on Saturday and was really psyched because I'd been to Mass. Turned out it was that darn stomach bug. DD1 ended up with it yesterday, but was better by the evening. She's singing in "the learning center" (she renamed the classroom, so cute) right now.   3timesmom- I am crazy nesting. I moved beds into different rooms yesterday (no frames, just light mattresses), swept, mopped and started cleaning out the...
Congratulations, 3timesmom!!!   As for the bloody show, I still don't have one, I just remember that happening last time a day or two before the DD2 came. I know I could never even see it or notice it, but I'm trying to stay calm. Last pregnancy I would cry at the end of the day at 38wks+ because I wasn't in labor LOL. I'm pretty ok with the idea of waiting till my due date (March 25-26th). I'm just trying to be open to however it needs to go this time. Last labor...
Congratulations, JMJ!!   Lizziemum- I've been feeling funny too. In fact, I felt so crampy yesterday morning that I figured I'd better go out and get some errands done at the expense of the plans I had for yesterday. Everything calms down a lot in the middle of the day and no bloody show. I just keep trying to keep calm and remind myself even if this is really my body getting ready it could still be a while. I would prefer labor in the AM just because I'm Catholic...
I went back and looked, birdie.lee, and I don't think she was referring to you:)
I've been wondering what to store bath toys in as well. Something waterproof that drains... I just can't think of what. I had some wet wash rags that needed to go down to laundry in a pot/bucket and they molded very quickly, had to throw some out. I was surprised how quickly, so be careful with storing the bath toys in a pot. Interested to see people's suggestions.
JMJ- thanks for the pump advice. I think I'll be fine with a hand pump if needed, I tend to not do well with hand expression.   8inTugleyWood- Congratulations! Sorry the MW and Ped comments are stealing your peace. Don't they know they're not allowed to do that to a PP Momma? As for your question about downs- it's a slight risk coming from a positive triple screen at 15 wks. I'm probably just dated wrong since they did the ultrasound at 13 1/2 wks or so. Trying not...
3timesamom- As for your crotch pain, is is possibly you have variscosities? I feel intense pressure to the point of pain, and it turns out that I have vulvar variscosities (varicose veins down there! awful!). I put witch hazel on a washcloth and just let it sit for a few minutes, moving it a few times to get all the now visible veins and WOW it stopped hurting for a few hours.   I'm sorry you're feeling unsupported. *hug*
I'm due the same day:)... no practice labor for me, my chiro said I'm having ligament pain