or Connect

Posts by HappyWoman

Thank you for the link. I'll definitely check out the resale store.
Thank you so much for responding. These resources are just what we're looking for. I especially appreciate the pediatrician recommendations, the produce co-op, and the "Smart Mommies" group info.   If you have a family practice physician recommend, that would be great. We'd love to find someone who is in our insurance plan, (an MD), but is open-minded to alternative treatments and spends time with patients.   A few days ago we drove through Kingwood and we really...
Our family is moving from Portland, Oregon to Kingwood, TX. We've never been to the area, and we don't know anyone, so we're starting from scratch. My husband recently accepted a job at the Houston airport, and he's heard that Kingwood is a nice place, so we're looking to settle there.   We're looking for a family practice physician and/or a pediatrician, an MD, who will take our insurance, but is open-minded and okay with not vaccinating. We also need a physician...
Yay!! So exciting. :)   I forgot to mention that many of DS's accidents were little - like a few drops of pee vs. a whole bladder full. Not a big deal.   Good luck!!
Since you asked, here is what I would do:   1. Check out a big stack of potty books from the library. (Request from home computer in advance if you can.) They have A LOT. Many are gender specific, so you can request ones that are written for girls.   2. Take DD to the store and purchase a small pack (like 3 in a pack) of the smallest size undies you can find. (Make it exciting and talk it up. You can always purchase different undies on Amazon when you need more...
Our DS started using the potty about your daughter's age, and I remember that it felt like a big jump for me to go from being diaper free around the house to using the potty all the time - like when we'd leave the house. He did really well with it though, and I think it was easiest for all of us to make that transition, once he was ready, rather than drawing it out.   I read in multiple places on the internet that it is too confusing for toddlers to use training...
We LOVE our doctor, Dahra Perkins M.D., who practices family medicine at Integrative Primary Care in NW Portland, on Lovejoy. She is an MD, but she uses a lot of complementary medicine too- supplements, herbs, homeopathy. In many ways she's like a naturopath, but also uses medications when needed. She takes most insurance. There are other practitioners in the practice. Here is their website:   http://www.integrativeprimarycare.com/   Dr. Perkins is busy,...
Chia Pudding. Tastes similar to tapioca pudding, but no cooking required and really easy to make. Chia is high in protein and Omega 3's.   To make a Chia pudding, mix 2/3 cup Chia seeds with 2 Cups "Milk" (Almond, Cashew, Soy, Rice, Hemp, Cow Milk, etc). Whisk for a few minutes. Add vanilla and sweetener to taste. (Stevia, Brown Rice Syrup, Maple Syrup, Agave, Honey, etc.)   Chill in fridge.
We LOVE our Blendtec Blender for green smoothies, homemade hummus, soups, applesauce, etc. I would HIGHLY recommend a good quality blender, like a Blendtec or a Vitamix for green smoothies. We also do whole juices, like carrot/apple/kale juice with our Blendtec.   I've heard from friends that if you want to juice a lot of greens, the very best is the Green Star.   In her book, Crazy Sexy Diet, Kris Carr has a section of the pros and cons of the best juicers on...
We have a temporal (forehead) thermometer and love it.   http://www.amazon.com/Exergen-Temporal-Artery-Thermometer-TAT-2000C/dp/B000LJAEPQ