or Connect

Posts by AmandaHope

Hi, Lise.  I have no experience with this, but the folks who I've known (here and elsewhere) who have successfully induced all used the standard protocol (birth control plus the appropriate drug--forgetting the name).  Hope others are more helpful.
Cananny: I'm sorry you are struggling with your back and with breathing.  Asthma is scary any time, but especially during pregnancy. Hang in there, mama, and good luck with the move. I know it is hard, but it will be so great to get settled in to the place that will be your babies' first home.   Planet: He is adorable and beautiful, and I'm thrilled that he is gaining weight.  I also found it shocking with the first baby that all I could do was nurse.  I realized...
Totally in for the book train!  Love that idea. Cordelia: Welcome and congrats!!   We tried shipped swimmers from a KD, but it didn't work. How great that it took! Now stick around, little bean!  
Congrats to Wishin and Knitting on those healthy, beautiful heartbeats!    Fantastic news.  
Only a few minutes to post but wanted to pop in and say how exciting this board is right now and what an amazing community of people you all are.    Cananny: SCORE on the stroller and dipes! And I'm glad you are feeling better.  I saw my chiro while ttc, throughout the pregnancy, and I still do once/month.  He is the one who predicted that I'd have a very fast birth.  Yup!  With three in there and a bad back, you'll need all the adjustments you can get/afford.  I...
LISE!!! Holy CRAP.  Tell us about the u/s!  Did you pass out?  How is your DP?  At least you are in good company round these parts.  Let's see how many babies this board can produce in the next year.  WOW.  Meanwhile, hang in there! I wish I had more insight than that, but do know that we're here for you as you adjust to a very different vision of your future.  Congratulations!!!  
Since Lilah wants to walk and needs to get up and down quickly and often, I haven't touched my wraps in a few months (gulp--just ring slings, buckle carriers, and mei tais ;-), so I'm hardly the expert.  But I've heard great things about Storchs.  I think Starling has one.  They are very strong and referred to as "workhorse wraps."  So it should be perfectly good for a newborn and toddler worthy, as well, down the road.  It won't be quite as soft or thin as some of the...
I've been reading along but swamped with work and traveling and regular everyday life...so here is my lame attempt at a post.   Planet and Desert: CONGRATULATIONS! Both babes are so beautiful. The pics are killing me! I really enjoyed your birth stories, Desert, and I'm looking forward to reading yours too, Planet, when you can get it written out. I hate to say it, but I haven't yet finished Lilah's.  I have a few different versions of it in different places, but I...
Lisedea! Congratulations!!  So great to see you over here!  Best wishes for that second beta.   
KnittingTigers: BIG NEWS, indeed!  I'd be scared...and excited...and overwhelmed...and excited...and really scared.  It sounds like you are already starting to adjust, but I imagine that will have to be an ongoing process.  I agree with everything Starling said.  Thank goodness you waited a while so that O will have had you to herself for a nice long time.  And you've got good support here and on the Facebook board from Cejae, Seraf and Sara, Cananny, and others. There...