or Connect

Posts by KellyandBean

My daughter is turning 4 in a month. We co slept until 18 months when it became clear we were actually disturbing her sleep and her my own. We did a gradual removal technique where i would slowly work my way out the door of her room to get her to sleep alone. It was a LOT of work and months of stress. I was so happy to be done with it as it didn't work well for me. I never did sleep well with her. both me and her are light sleepers and i have night time panic attacks which...
I'm thinking it might be pee related like you said. She is a very late trainer and still has a few accidents a week and wears an overnight diaper which is full in the morning. She has never once gone pee at night despite the potty being in her room. Maybe she is waking up needing to pee but isn't awake enough to realize she has to get up? Then she pees in her diaper and can't go back to sleep? Do you think I should start waking her to pee at 10:00 before I go to bed or am...
Hello everyone, I'm just wondering if there are any other parents out there of kids with severe social anxieties? My DD was just diagnosed with general, social and separation anxiety. She has SPD but of course hasn't been "diagnosed" with that. She started preschool in the fall and is having SUCH a hard time if it. She is literally phobic of children and has been since 13 months old. Thankfully we are starting to get some help in place with a play therapist and child...
My daughter is almost 4. She sleeps in her own room and has since about 18 months when she started sleeping through the night. she stopped napping shortly after turning 3 so I started putting her down early to make up for lost sleep. Lately it is bed at 7 and she is up usually at 6. She seems to do well with 11 hours of sleep. The last two months or so she has been waking up at roughly 2am and playing with her scout the talking dog and her singing seahorse for over an...
My daughter was napping 1 maybe 2 times a week until 2 weeks ago when she decided she didn't want to stay in her room anymore. She has pretty much been weaning off from naps for 6+ months now. I started doing "cuddle time" on mommy's bed where we would read, "pretend" to sleep which is just me hoping she might sleep and knowing she never will for like 15 minuets and then she plays on my iphone (bad i know) while i get a half hour to read my novel. This sounds good but...
My 33 month old is so jealous of me and her dad. I am with her at home playing with her all day and when he gets home i just want to talk to him for a little while. Or sometimes before he leaves for work i want to chat and she will yell "NO! don't do that! don't talk!" and then start whining and talking  or singing really loud over us and throwing herself on the ground. Or begging me to pick her up and hold her. I know that it must be confusing to have my attention all...
I just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone for all of your replies and advice. It's been over a week and she is doing amazing in her new bed. She loves it and for some reason doesn't get out of it on her own haha. I'm sure this will change at some point but i'm still happy because i was expecting it to be harder. Glad i waited until she was nearly 3 to move her. We have the gate up in her room and feel like she is safe from busting out of the apartment. Hopefully we...
If you feel uncomfortable with the idea of a toddler/preschooler with a pacifier then don't start at all. My DD started at 3 weeks when colic started and still has it at 33 months. She has NEVER fallen asleep without either that or my breast since 3 weeks and i don't see her giving it up for a very long time to come. Unless you think you have the..will power?...to take it away then don't ever give it.   On another note I'd totally do it all over again the same. I'm...
  i wish i could! i talked to the apartment complex and they wont let us do anything. They need to get in in case of fire. We had a nifty little thing that made the door handle hard to pull down from the inside but it only worked for so long, if she hangs her body weight off it it still opens. The only solution other then the gate would be to put the vacuum cleaner in front of the door. She can't move it but it would roll forward if someone tried to come in (fireman) but...
  Good to hear! So when she did get up to explore did you go in and tuck her back in again or did you just let her decide when she needed to lay down?