or Connect

Posts by KellyandBean

The plan is to change out the rails on her convertible crib on Friday. She is 33 months and hasn't climbed out yet but is quite obviously big enough to do so and it has left us worried about her getting hurt so we have decided to make the move this weekend. We have been reading books about it and got her a new blanket set to open as a gift on Friday. She is excited. Anyone have tips on how to deal with issues that i KNOW are going to come up? We plan to put a gate in the...
I haven't spent a lot of time with 2 year olds except my daughter so i'm not sure what behavior is in the range of typical. My Daughter is starting to cut her final set of molars and also is in the process of dumping her nap (naps about once a week but acts like she needs more) so i am contending with a tired and in pain kiddo here. But lately things just seem to be getting worse with her and i realize this morning that i am starting to actually dread the day because i...
I haven't spent a lot of time with 2 year olds except my daughter so i'm not sure what behavior is in the range of typical. My Daughter is starting to cut her final set of molars and also is in the process of dumping her nap (naps about once a week but acts like she needs more) so i am contending with a tired and in pain kiddo here. But lately things just seem to be getting worse with her and i realize this morning that i am starting to actually dread the day because i...
My 2.5 year old recently figured out she can get in and out of her chair at meal time. She is in a regular chair with a booster on it. It doesn't have straps. I've tried explaining to her that we need to sit down to eat and when we feel like we are all done eating we can go wash up and play again but the next thing i know she is crawling out of her seat again. I ask her if she is all done eating and she says NOOOOO and runs back to her seat. This morning she was...
Things are a little different for us as i don't do her quiet time with her so for me i am like YAY QUIET TIME! (I.E. ME TIME) My DD is a usually non-napping 31 MO but she is still in a crib so just like when we did nap i do the same thing with leaving her in her crib in the dark with some stuffies and binky  (for one hour) but i go in my own room and read or take a quick nap. If she isn't asleep within the hour (usually not) i get her up. I know this will change in a few...
I'm worried she will never nap again (always has been a struggle and i know moving to a toddler bed will mean she wont stay put) and also that she may try to come into our bed and start waking up at night again. I just have this whole idea that if it is working then don't change it and i'm ok with her staying in the crib until 3.5ish but with the move happening at about that age i wonder if i should stop waiting around for her to climb out and just go ahead and do it...
So this is all a good ways off but it is on my mind already so I thought I should ask to see what others thought. We plan to house hunt next spring and could move to a new home anytime around Mayish-August depending on how long it takes to find a place. Our 31 month old is still in her crib and I wouldn't be shocked if she was the type to stay put past three. Not a climber. So since I know a BIG change is coming up shortly after her birthday at the end of Feburary should I...
Love it! :)
I keep catching myself telling my daughter how cute and beautiful i think she is all of the time. I can't help it! She truly is amazingly beautiful. But after i say it i wonder if i am maybe focusing on it to much? Do you think it is possible to tell someone they are beautiful or cute to much? I do tell her other things, like she is clever, so smart, silly or funny too. Also i catch myself doing things like the other day i gave her some sticker earrings (i loved those...
I really want to start talking to my DD about emotions more since she seems be be feeling a whole lot of them lately and other then happy and sad seems to be kind of clueless. What are ways to talk to her about them? I'd even like to do a craft or art project or something based on emotions if anyone has ideas. The only thing i can think of is having her stuffed animals act out scenes.