or Connect

Posts by KellyandBean

I'm also not digging that the reviews all make it sound like i am screwed because she is 30 months and i should have done it sooner apparently.
Checking out that book and reviews now. I'd like to buy it but i'm worried about something- she already expects a treat for going and is damn smart with a really good memory- will a method without treats really work now that i have already introduced it this way?
So my experience with getting my DD to sleep through the night turned out to be that she would do it when she was ready (at 18 months) no matter what kind of tricks i tried. Now our struggle is potty training. I haven't been very consistent admittedly but we have been loosely trying for 6 months. She is now 2.5 and usually when asked she says no to sitting on the potty. Treats (chocolate chips) worked for a while but she never quite grasped that she needed to go and just...
LOL sounds like my 30 month old when she is a bit overtired. She is usually...annoying to a certain extent with her questions but it gets a lot worse when she is tired. Could be teeth too. Right now my DD's thing is to always ask for different music when we are in the car. A song plays for a half a second and then it is "i don't like this music i want a different one!" and if i don't change it fast enough i'm in trouble haha.
I was the same way (didn't ever wake her) until a little after age 2. Now i have cut what used to be 3 hour naps to 1.5 or even 1 hour so that she will still be asleep at bedtime. I ALWAYS wake by 3:15 at the lastest. From what i have gathered thus far it seems that there are children who cut their naps shorter and shorter on their own and there are others who just keep sleeping 3+ hours if you let them..it was starting to get in the way of bedtime and cutting it short...
Our daughter is 2.5 yo. She is at home with me full time and my husband works out of the house for a normal week day work shift. She has always been a momma's girl as most LOs are but the last 2 weeks or so she has been doing something new that is REALLY bothering me. She only wants me to play with/hug/feed etc her. For example today she asked her dad if he wanted to play with the marble tower with her (I was was a ways off in the kitchen) and then a half a second later...
My 2.5 year old already has inherited my social anxiety and would just stare blankly in shock if another child said hi or worse run to hide in my skirt. She isn't rude she is just a sweet shy little girl. Your girl is extroverted and that is wonderful but not all kids are like that. I would just explain that sometimes kids are shy and then other kid just might not feel like talking right now.
27 months going through the exact same thing. She naps maybe once or possibly twice a week now, goes to bed at 7-7:30ish and sleeps until 8am. i keep trying to get her to nap at 1:00 but she just lays there for an hour so i guess she is just not tired. I'm going to keep that quiet time as long as i can so that she has the option to nap if she is tired enough. My thoughts are that they are dropping and it is ok to let them go back and forth and nap some days but not...
My DD was on almost that same schedule at that age, although she was up at 6 usually. 11 did feel strange to me too when i always read about how naps should be after lunch. You will likely discover over time that it will inch back to a more stereotypical time. Eventually he will have a hard time going down at 11 and you will try 11:30 and then 12:00 etc over time. Now my DD (27 months) does her 'quiet time' around 1:00 and usually doesn't nap at all anymore. So basically...
Totally normal...for us anyway. My daughter has skipped them at least once every two weeks from age 12 months and now at 27 months takes a nap about every two weeks lol. She may just be one of those kiddos that end up being early to give up the nap. She is tired at nap time but just not exhausted enough. It has been a lot of struggle to even make it this far with naps for us. For a long time i found myself actually doing car rides with her. You may find making sure that...