or Connect

Posts by JoyfulLioness

Dr Barbara Luke (of the famous multiples book) now sells a range of maternity clothes for multiple mamas. Not sure if I am allowed to post a commercial link so try googling it. Not sure of prices though.
Me too! I'm having twins so am not yet entirely confident in a homebirth, however if I do have to go to hospital I will want my midwives to come with me as doulas. I think with twins I feel much more comfortable having a plan b & plan c!
Can I join in here? I'm 5 weeks pregnant from our first IVF after 3.5 years of trying! So excited but still in a lot of shock. I don't think I ever thought it would happen to me! A question for those of you who went through IVF: how much monitoring did your RE do in the first trimester? My RE wants to do weekly ultrasounds, which I think is excessive! I've read a bit about some problems linked to ultrasounds so it concerns me quite a bit. What did your RE do, or did...
Welcome New Mama and welcome back 5terre! Msgoodbuns, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Please take care of yourself and try to surround yourself with people who love you
Msgoodbuns how are you going? I hope you're holding in there - I know exactly how you're feeling. It's so unfair that you have to wait so long. Have you called your clinic to ask if you could have it earlier? Or just turn up tomorrow and demand it! Thinking of you x Ftmpapa - I have no idea about insurance but it sounds like hell to me! Good luck!
Positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I voted other as I had my Mirena in as treatment for endometrial hyperplasia, and then removed at the end of 12 month treatment. I didn't have many side effects except no period, slightly lowered sex drive and I could feel it slightly during sex.
I'm still cramping and had some spotting last night - pretty sure my period is coming Even had a dream I got it last night. Beta is monday so we'll see if I last till then. To make matters worse I got a call from my clinic this morning telling me none of the embryos were frozen. Really, really jaded with my clinic. I think I'll be looking for a new clinic in the new year...
Cross posted with you Heatstone, but I'm sorry I have no idea about that number. By your multiple exclamation points I assume it's positive!
Thanks for the well wishes FtMpapa and Msgoodbuns. I really do think it was the hormones yesterday, because I feel quite calm today - or else I'm developing bi-polar disorder! I chose to have 2 embies transferred purely on cost. In Australia, where I'm from, and where IVF would have cost me about $1000-3000 per cycle, I would never have chosen 2 embies simply because I don't want twins and trying several times wouldn't send me completely broke. Here, well it's soooo...