or Connect

Posts by isosmom

I've just recently started pm clinicals and dh works nights, so I need some meal ideas that my sitter can handle with everything else they've got to deal with (homework, bedtime, stories, baths). Any ideas are welcome. Thinking some things I can make ahead of time and they can just pop in the oven, easy pastas, frozen from the store stuff? 
Groceries can seem like such an expense when you're low on funds. I always say I can't wait for the day that I can go into the grocery store and buy whatever I want!  Anyhow, in response to the OP, one way I've figured how to cut back is to menu plan for 3 weeks and then have the fourth week be eating out of the pantry, freezer, etc. That way you go through things that have been sitting in your pantry or freezer forever and you can get away with minimal spending at the...
Joining you guys. Have been off and on high raw since last August. I always feel so great when doing it, and then I start sabotaging myself. Anyhow, here I am again and glad to have the support. I find that keeping it simple is the best for me. Green smoothies or fruit for brekkie, big salads for lunch and dinner, with a little something extra for dinner also. The rest of the family isn't raw, or even vegan, but I find when I eat this way, more veg find their way into my...
1. everyone was some place else except ds2 and I, so we just snacked, nothing of note 2. roasted butternut squash with sesame oil and soy sauce over brown rice (spent $14 at the farmer's market on apples, broccoli, kale, and mandarins) 3. bean and cheese pupusas, pinto beans, green salad with walnuts, spinach, romaine, carrots, and broccoli 4. cheese tortollini for the kids and spaghetti for me, both with tomato sauce and steamed broccoli 5. potato tacos with sauteed...
1. everyone was some place else except ds2 and I, so we just snacked, nothing of note 2. roasted butternut squash with sesame oil and soy sauce over brown rice (spent $14 at the farmer's market on apples, broccoli, kale, and mandarins) 3. bean and cheese pupusas, pinto beans, green salad with walnuts, spinach, romaine, carrots, and broccoli 4. cheese tortollini for the kids and spaghetti for me, both with tomato sauce and steamed broccoli 5. potato tacos with sauteed...
Eat less animal products. Organic cheese, milk, meat, etc. is really expensive. If you cut that way down you should be able to eat (mostly) organic for way less. Grains, beans, (most) produce is going to be cheaper. Also, look into farmer's market and buying from farmer's who might be organic but don't want to/can't afford to be certified. Also, if you have a produce store, often times they'll have stuff that's on it's last day or so way cheap. In the summer I get huge...
Spent $19 at the grocery today for bread, eggs, milk, produce, dried beans, and sale tomato sauce. Why can't I pass up the sale tomato sauce or the dried beans? I have a cupboard full of dried beans! Ugh. Anyhow, brings my total for the month to $187.