or Connect

Posts by mi_amor

I just finished my first map...am I too late?
I wish we had more online stores in Canada too! We haven't been shopping in ages because the good stores are 4 hours away. But, I buy underwear online from La Senza or American Eagle. I've also bought clothes online from Lilikoi, American Eagle, Old Navy, and Nordstrom (for a Christmas Party dress). I usually only buy if there is free or low shipping, and free returns. Some US stores charge a lot for customs (like Victoria's Secret). Other places online to shop online:...
I SO wish we had eloped. I was young when we got married (19) and still living at home, and we didn't have much input in the wedding at all. I couldn't have the friends I wanted in my wedding party, and we had to be married on a stage in front of everyone and I'm a really private person who didn't want to be on display. DH and I would have preferred to have an intimate ceremony on a beach somewhere, and we hope we can do that this year for our 10th anniversary. Listen to...
This is something I have been struggling with as well. I feel so disconnected when I am around other people, like I've forgotten how to be social. My mind seems to go blank, and I have a difficult time trying to have a conversation! I usually blame it on being tired. The book on creativity looks interesting. In high school I loved writing and being creative, but that came to a stop 10 years ago when I got married. It's like I lost who I was and have been adrift since...
Hugs Mama. It's great that you're going to talk to your therapist. My anger showed up a bit later, but I had lots of time to rest the first few weeks because I had to have an unplanned caesarean birth. My anger and irritability got worse, so I talked to my doctor about PPD and started on medication. I was experiencing anxiety as well.   I believe I had PPD after my first pregnancy as well, and tried to treat it myself which didn't work so well.   Do what feels...
I went to the health food store and got an Omega 3 that contains 500mg EPA and 25mg DHA. I started taking two of them a day and have noticed a BIG difference! I was taking a fish oil with 800mg EPA and 500mg DHA before this and did not see an improvement.   Thank you for the info!
Vaginismus - I just wanted to thank the posters that talked about vaginismus. I've had this problem for 9 years and my doctor just told me it was mental and didn't provide further help. I stumbled across the website of a doctor in Australia, Dr. Marek Jantos and I read the articles online. I am pleased to say I now very rarely experience discomfort!!! Just wanted to pass that info on in case anyone else suffers from painful sex. For me it used to feel like sharp shooting...
Thank you for having this thread. I was planning on a home birth, and a fairly straight forward labour with my second baby, but he is a footling breech which no one will deliver. I tried EVERYTHING I possibly could to flip this little guy, but I know in my heart that he seems really stuck. We even tried an ECV to hope he'd turn, but he just sprung right back into breech. So I will possibly be having my c/s on Monday if the OBGYN can backdoor me in. I have a very active...
I experience this on occasion, even though DS is almost 3. And I did experience this before I had DS too. I would also like more info if possble. Sending you a PM. :)
bluepetals - Yay! Your baby is heads down! Thank you for sending turning vibes too, I'm still waiting for my little man to flip. I'm going to the pool again tonight and will just float around and enjoy that weightless feeling.