or Connect

Posts by mi_amor

I sometimes give DS Vitamin D drops from the health food store, but wondered if I should give him vitamins as well? All the vitamins I look at seem to be for older children. The chewable Nordic Natural ones say 2 and up, but I wondered if he could try those. DS doesn't like eating a lot of meat. He does eat a lot of different fruits and veggies. He recently weaned, but he doesn't like to drink cow milk, but he does eat cheese. I also sometimes give him CLO. Thanks!
I taped both of them and can't wait to watch them. I saw the preview on Oprah, and cried when I saw Lisa at the place where the people were killed. So heartbreaking! Have you watched Faces of America on PBS? It's really neat as well. It makes me wonder about my family history, and how we really are all connected.
Modern Family is a really funny comedy! I don't watch too much tv, but that's my favorite show.
I don't have the book yet, but I would be interested in trying it out and sharing experiences. Have you started the dare yet? Someone once posted the main thought of the dares on another website, but it's just one word like "Patience" and then one sentence on the activity to do. I could try that out with you if that works? How long have you been married for? I've been married for 7 1/2 years, but would like to focus on being more kind and loving.
I would like to see this one! Now that I heard a review from someone with similar movie tastes I'm excited to go. Thanks for sharing!
Gossip to me is defined by the spirit behind it. I think it's natural to talk about other people, and it doesn't have to be negative or have a bad intent. But the gossip I try and avoid is where one person is putting another down, trying to cause drama, or is sharing something intimate that the other person didn't want spread around just so the gossiper feels good about themself because they're "in the know." Some people enjoy knowing everything about everybody and they...
I'm not sure where to put this post, but I thought here might work. I was interested in learning more about the subconscious, especially doing exercises that enable you to look into your subconscious. Can you do this yourself? I heard about someone who was asked to describe a house and what it looks like, and afterwards how that image related to them. Sounded pretty neat to me!
I don't think you're a failure, some children are really picky eaters! For fruit, maybe you could sneak some mashed bananas into pancakes or muffins? Maybe a frozen fruit yogurt popsicles would be tempting for your DS to try? Or an apple or berry crisp? DS loves raisins, but maybe yours won't because they are sweet. For more veggies, you can puree lots of different steamed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, butternut squash, etc.) and sneak it into spaghetti...
The book "Deceptively Delicious" may help sneak some more veggies into his diet. You can puree a bit of cauliflower, or butternut squash and mix that into the mac and cheese sauce and it tastes yummy! There is a recipe for nuggets in there that has a bit of broccoli puree in the batter too. I haven't tried that one yet, but the chickpea cookies were a hit. Does your little one like sweet potato fries? My DS loves those and eats them like candy. I don't have much...
I would only pay what I felt comfortable on the mortgage, maybe using half to 2/3 of the money left. I like having a safety net, even if I'd end up paying more in interest, I like the feeling of having some money set aside for a rainy day.