or Connect

Posts by mi_amor

I'm interested in this too. I cut out soy and feel great, now all I need are some more recipes that don't use soy! I saw this book recommended on another thread: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1557...pf_rd_i=915398. The recipes don't use soy, so I was going to buy it soon.
We call it a bum. DS seems to think it's a fun word to say too!
Quote: Originally Posted by hollytheteacher Did you notice that two seconds before Ali says "chris can i talk to you for a sec" her lips moved a little and I think it looked like she said "now?" in like a questioning way to Chris...like it was already planned that she would address chris to say that but needed to wait until the cue or something LOL ...I could be reading too much into it but if anyone has it DVR'd or something go back and look at her lips...
I'd love to know this too. DS just started using the potty, and used the potty at our friends house, but the next day he stopped using the potty altogether. He woke up at night because he had wet his diaper and was very upset, I don't know if this is related or not.
I have 2 potties which makes life so much easier! There is nothing worse than running up the stairs every 10 minutes with a little one that needs to use the potty for the hundredth time a day! I bought an expensive potty ($22), but DS prefers the cheap Ikea potty that was $3!!! For that price I should have bought another one. I would recommend getting your LO to try out the potties before you buy one and maybe get the same style potty. Once DS saw the Ikea potty he...
I would recommed a golden pathos to help off gas. Plants don't live very long with me, but the golden pathos I've had for 9 years hasn't died despite lack of watering it!!! I usually water mine once it looks like it's wilting, and it comes back to life nicely. Here's a link about plants and what they remove from the air: http://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au/up...0purifiers.pdf It says golden pathos is good for removing formaldehyde found in pressed wood products. Hope...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama Metis For me, I noticed that the more sweet stuff I ate/drank, the more I wanted. I stopped the vicious cycle by reducing my intake of really sweet stuff, like soda and candy, and went from there. The more I cut out, the less I really wanted. I think our taste buds get used to the sugar overload. Now days, even a little sugar in my tea is too sweet for my tastes. I drink it plain and genuinely enjoy the flavors of the tea...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan For us, what's been working is to offer around 2 hours after she last peed or pooped. Since she's consistent about telling us when she needs to poop, I don't worry about that (well, if she farts a lot, I'll ask, and generally get a toilet-sign and her heading to the bathroom ), but she doesn't seem to know about pee yet. If I suggest it in between times, .e.g waking up from a nap or in the morning or before I...
Thanks! DS usually says "potty" when he's pooping, but has only said it once when he had to go pee. I wasn't sure if I should sit him on the potty regularly throughout the day, or have him bare bummed around the house? He doesn't like to sit on the potty for more than a few seconds unless he's going poop. He's 16 months old, so I didn't want to rush him if he wasn't quite ready yet. I know absolutely nothing about potty learning! I wasn't sure if I should try...
I Farmville! I didn't like it at first, but it's won me over. If you need more neighbours please PM me, I'd love more neighbours too!