or Connect

Posts by gizzyntaz

Tabitha - do you encapsulate your placenta (or ingest it another way)?  That might help with the anxiety... Otherwise it will pass.  
Whether it is an OB or midwife, they should ask your permission to do any internal and to do membrane stripping.  You have a right to decline both if you wish.  On the flip side, you have the right to ask them to do it - thought they don't have to :)  That's why I asked about my BC's protocol at the last appt.  I wasn't sure if they always waited until you were "overdue".
So, it's my understanding that when they strip your membranes, they are putting their finger through the hole in your cervix (which is why you need to be at least a little bit dilated to do it) and separating the cervix from your bag of waters.  That is not something you could accomplish with just sex.  Semen has prostaglandins which are supposed to help ripen and soften the cervix in preparation for labor, and female orgasm releases oxytocin which can throw you into labor...
I think people are going to get gift cards for food places because we were asked our preferences, so YAY!  Lot's of other friends are asking about bringing meals, so I think we will be taken care of.  My freezer is full - but I don't feel like I have enough - it's a small freezer and we have half of our 1/4 cow left because I haven't wanted beef while pregnant...
Congratulation sgvmom!  Glad you had a safe, healthy delivery...   So exciting that the March babies are arriving!
I had it done at least 3x with DS1 (it never worked though).  It is uncomfortable while they do it, but it probably depends on your pain tolerance.  I just practice breathing through it, and figure it can't be as bad as labor, right?   With DS2 I had it done the day before he was born and I am convinced without a doubt that it was what threw me into labor.  I asked them to do a "vigorous" strip, so they did.  They were surprised I didn't complain, but you know, when your...
I'm not inducing...I'm encouraging the baby out using other means because I only have until 42 weeks at the birth center, and my babies are notoriously late. I don't consider rrl tea, epo, sex, walking, membrane stripping inducing, as none of those will cause labor to start if my body isn't ready. I will say that I am 38w1d and I am ready for her anytime. I am so uncomfortable and irritable...
So glad everything is okay Amy!  Keep baking your precious babies!   No ms here, but the same food aversions I've had the whole pregnancy.  My tummy is more upset lately too...   My cats have always avoided babies unless the baby is snuggling with me and the cat wants to get in on the snuggling (with me).  My cats annoy me now though, I'm sure it will be a million times worse when the baby is here...  I'm actually a little worried about my one cat because she loves our...
I changed my appts so that I can have a membrane strip (they won't do it until 39 weeks) next appt (next Friday).  That was what finally made things happen with DS2 (nothing worked with DS1).  Trying not to get my hopes up too much :)   Had one "real" contraction last night.  I've been having a lot more menstrual crampy BHs, I know they are doing the pre-work that my body needs, just need to get some more real ones mixed in...   Drinking tons of RRL tea (blech) and using...
I'd advise taking your hubby with you to advocate amyc - but pre e is really nasty and can get worse very quickly.  Know the warning signs if they suspect you have it and you decide to go home.  Have a plan to get to the hospital asap if needed.   I think bp readings really vary at the end of pregnancy.  I always have really low pressure but yesterday she had to take mine twice because she the first reading was high.  Our bodies are going through a lot right now!