or Connect

Posts by Rejoicing

I washed mine in the tub.  Spread them out over the bottom, soak them with sudsy water and swish, swish, swish.  I would scrub at really messy ones. Me and the kids would walk through the tub and swish with our feet, and the same for rinsing a few times, then I would run each one under clean water, wring and hang.  Washed every morning or every other at the latest. Had to use just prefolds and flats.  Washed dipes seperate from covers.  I used dawn but you gotta rinse...
Switching to RnG is what started ALL our laundry woes! :(  Nothing but problems since.  No amount of stripping or additives or detergents have been able to make them "right".  I had to go to prefolds and flats only for washing ease and back to tide (one scoop not half).  If anyone knows how to correct the stink issue I'd be forever grateful!  Maybe I could bring those diapers back into rotation!   ETA: and dawn ruined my washer.  Pump ran dry, motor burned out or...
AH! here it is!  The guidelines are quite sufficient as is.  (I especially like the first part) Maybe they just need to be enforced a tad stricter ;)  LOL!   http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/unassisted-childbirth-forum-guidelines
I don't think the problem is when someone offers advice, but rather when the advice is not supportive to UC or even posted in an attacking/hostile manner!  (and not everyone sees childbirth as a medical issue...)   Also , this thread is supposed to address the specifics of the UC board and how to improve it...   Bottom line, I thought this board was supposed to be a place to discuss and support UC, not a place to debate it. Wasn't there some kind of announcement or...
Does anyone know of any good online resource on gentle Christian parenting?  My husband and I are looking to expand our parenting skills.  We really need a new skill set to parent effectively.  We are really looking for some sort of free online class or ebook or something similar. Our kids range in age from toddler to teen, and we could use help with all the stages! :P  My husband loves books/webcasts he can download to his ipod and listen to while at work.  Websites are...
sorry, double post :P
NO NO NO and NO.  In my area ob's have the right to FORCE women into csections and get cps involved if they don't agree with your choices in birth. (not personal experience, 2nd hand from a professional)  A woman's right to birth freely is still a battleground in most places.  So for that reason I would not feel compelled to tell the person who stand to loose the most $ from my decision.  It is not their beezwax IMHO.  You just have to tell them you have decided to go in...
My son was transverse all the way through labor and was born breech.  He was my 3rd and smaller than my first 2, so I guess he just had more room in my pooch! LOL!   I had a visit with a really good mw (very knowledgeable, very experienced, very believing in birth if you know what I mean) who surprised me by saying even if a hand/arm would pop out first in delivery, she'd probably be able to maneuver the baby back into a better position.  She gave me the impression that...
You could always consider a hands off style mw or doula to be present.  It wouldn't be UC in the truest sense, but you could still have the freedom you wanted in birth.  For me, I questioned if everything was going ok, I struggled with doubt and fear a bit, and so I called in a mw consultation while I was laboring.  I just needed that reassurance that all was going well. I feel very blessed to have found a mw that was ok with that.  Look around, and don't feel limited in...
too many medical professionals trolling! ;)    This forum is supposed to be a supportive site, not a place to try and "scare" women out of UC!  It is good to discuss concerns, especially about safety.  But there is a difference in "Look out for this" or "here is what happened to me"  vs. "this is crazy"  "I am sick of hearing this.."  When I came here for UC support, I appreciated as much info as I could gather.  But after not being here a bit, then jumping back on,...