or Connect

Posts by minkleaf

Thank you for the support and specific benefits.   As far as DH and I and anything, that is a whole 'nother ginormous can of worms. Communication is not his strong suit. I agree with your suggestion, though, and will give it another try. I think  being general and specific is a great thing.
I'm in an MBA program at a local university.  They strongly encourage short study abroad courses, usually 2 weeks.  I really want to do one to India this winter to study Social Enterprise.  However DH doesn't think it is a good idea.  His objections - 1. "You just want to travel", 2. "It won't really help towards what you want to do", and 3.  "It is a waste of money".  His previous objection had been something unspecified about the kids (ages 4 and 7) but this...
I took it last fall. It wasn't too bad. I've been a sahm for 7 years and was last in school 9 years ago. I had about a month to study, and read the GMAT for Dummies book plus did the online tests provided by the GMAT company. I did get my BA from a very academically strong college and read alot which I think helped my verbal scores. I didn't do quit as well on the math portion as it's been decades since I took algebra or geometry and I had never studied statistics. ...
DH always wanted more than one, he had two brothers. I was fine with an only, I'd been an only child. A second had been under discussion for awhile when we had an oops. At first I thought about termination, but decided that at my age (43) it could be the last chance and just to go for it. In the short term it is nice because they can play with each other. In the long term I'm glad we have more than one because they will hopefully have each other when they get older....
Quote: Originally Posted by rootzdawta I think if you let someone play with something of yours or you lend it to them, you do so without strings attached, with the understanding that it could get lost, broken, or you've never see it again. If you're not willing to take that risk, don't lend out your stuff. It's nice gesture if a friend replaces something he broke but not a mandate. I'm afraid I completely disagree with this. What about...
That's what I'm hoping to be able to do. He would hang with the kids two nights a week (5 - 10) while I go to night school. That would be quality time with them including dinner and putting to bed. He'll probably be in a roommate situation and who knows what that household will be like. Plus I think it would be easier on the kids to stay in one place then to have to move back and forth all the time.
Welcome and if you don't get pregnant right away, at least it can be fun trying.
You all are suggesting less than I'd originally thought. I was thinking $1,000 - $1,500 or about 60 - 90 days expenses. But I'm definitely speaking with a lawyer before doing anything. I don't see him actually up and leaving in the immediate future without my help. Quote: Originally Posted by *MamaJen* I'm just curious, when he was the SAHP, did he pull his weight or did you have to do everything? Also, have you ever read Codependent No More? It...
Quote: Originally Posted by Theia You are both currently living off of your inheritance? Yes. Unfortunately/fortunately my parents passed away just as our savings was reaching zero. Quote: At most, I would give him absolutely no more than 2months worth of rent and very basic (utilities like electric, gas, water) expenses. And that is if I were feeling generous and not used. OK, that's a good figure to start...
Yesterday dh said he's been thinking and he's decided to do what I want, move out. Then he asked how much do I think we could afford/I could give him to do so. I said I hadn't thought about it and what did he think. He didn't know either. Then I got all emotional because we haven't gotten along for years but this is the first time he's agreed to separate and divorce could become reality. So now I'm not sure what I want. But anyway, my question now is how much...